New member From Texas

Started by Dirty31, April 19, 2006, 03:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Good ta have you here!

Vern Tardel in Santa Rosa, CA  has the adaptor rings. They make the wheel set "right" on the drum. I think he has a web site now.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Charlie Chops 1940

Welcome Dirty 31. Not as darkside over here....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dirty31

Quote from: "donsrods"Welcome. Love your rides, especially the coupe. I'm partial to red wheels.

Gotta ask you, what did you have to do to get the '35 wire wheels to bolt up to the early Ford brakes (I am guessing this is the setup you have) ?  I have been collecting '35 wheels, and my Son tells me there is an adapter ring to make them fit well against the drum.

Once again, welcome.

Don

Don,  The front go straight on the 40-48 hubs,  The rears you got to get spacers.  Usually 1 1/2 inches sometimes 2"  Depending on brake drums/  On The Coupe I had wheel adapter and 1/2 plate spacers.  Hope this helps

Ornberg

Very nice bunch of rods you got there, especially the coupe, looks awesome, It's a real killer. 8)

Per

kb426

Welcome. We don't have the activity some of the other forums have but this is one of the most helpful places to be.
TEAM SMART

flt-blk

Good to see you over here.

Now post the mileage you rang up in each of the cars. :D
TZ
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

Dirty31

Quote from: "flt-blk"Good to see you over here.

Now post the mileage you rang up in each of the cars. :D

TZ

Lots of miles and lots of hours.   You going to Dewey to the Straycat 500

manyolkars

I'm not sure yet but I'm planning to go to Straykat 500.  I met your dad and his daughter last weekend at Jefferson.  I hope to meet you too.  Which one will you be driving?  I will probably go in my flatblack 39 Ford pickup-blue wheels

48builder

Quote from: "Dirty31"Just found out about this site from my pops Dirty2.   Been around hot rods my whole life. Personally built a 65 Falcon, 31 Model a Coupe, 34 Ford Truck, and my most recent build is a 30 Ford Roadster nailhead powered.  Look forward to helping out in anyway and learning more about hot rods.  

Man, those are some cool cars. Welcome. Don't ever put on on them. Up here in the frozen north, we have to have paint, but that look is really cool. Every year at the NSRA Northeast show in Vermont, there is a guy that pulls in with a '39 Chevy coupe, all rusted out. It attracts a lot of attention. I'm not sure how much longer he can drive it before it falls apart, though. Up here, they rust even in the summer.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Dirty31

Dirk35