New Tech Contest

Started by enjenjo, April 19, 2006, 11:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

We are running this until the first of the month, a prize for the best Tech, judged by an independent observer. Get 'em in guys!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

By the way, my tech posts don't count. :lol:  The 605 box into a 63 chevy would make a good tech post.

GPster

You're competing in yor own contest. Just how independent is your judge? From what I observe, you win. GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "GPster"You're competing in yor own contest. Just how independent is your judge? From what I observe, you win. GPster

I'm not competing, I'm inspiring. He's independent, he doesn't even like me. :lol:

HOTRODSRJ

Quote from: "enjenjo"We are running this until the first of the month, a prize for the best Tech, judged by an independent observer. Get 'em in guys!!

Where do we submit articles?   I have about a dozen or so that I have either written for magazines or web sites that I would like to submit.
STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK

enjenjo

You can either post them on the Forum, or send them to fatcat or me, and we will get them posted in the tech area.

HOTRODSRJ

Please post an email addy or send it to me at hotrodsrj@bellsouth.net to send the entire file to you in word please. I have no email addys for you guys.

I share a few with you guys.  Thanks for the opportunity to post here.
STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"We are running this until the first of the month, a prize for the best Tech, judged by an independent observer. Get 'em in guys!!

Geeze I just read this.. couldnt you wait till the end of next month . Im working on the interior of my friends 30 model a and i could write a book on abs plastic for door panels and headliners. :lol:  This thing is killing me :x I just stopped for the evening cause i got tired of crawling back and forth from the front to the rear of the sedan while laying out the rear part of the headliner. Its gonna come out nice and I could sure use the 30 thousand dollar prize for the best tech article  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave

enjenjo

Quote from: "HOTRODSRJ"Please post an email addy or send it to me at hotrodsrj@bellsouth.net to send the entire file to you in word please. I have no email addys for you guys.

Fatcat@roddingroundtable.com will do it, or enjenjo@earthlink.net

enjenjo

Quote from: "N8DC"

Geeze I just read this.. couldnt you wait till the end of next month . Im working on the interior of my friends 30 model a and i could write a book on abs plastic for door panels and headliners. :lol:  This thing is killing me :x I just stopped for the evening cause i got tired of crawling back and forth from the front to the rear of the sedan while laying out the rear part of the headliner. Its gonna come out nice and I could sure use the 30 thousand dollar prize for the best tech article  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave

Take pictures, and hang on to them, this will be a regular thing.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "GPster"You're competing in yor own contest. Just how independent is your judge? From what I observe, you win. GPster

I'm not competing, I'm inspiring. He's independent, he doesn't even like me. :lol:

welll , that is most of the east coast , cept Rayvynnn
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

HOTRODSRJ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "HOTRODSRJ"Please post an email addy or send it to me at hotrodsrj@bellsouth.net to send the entire file to you in word please. I have no email addys for you guys.

Fatcat@roddingroundtable.com will do it, or enjenjo@earthlink.net

You have mail!
STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK

Arnold

I should get some sort of prize.. :D Or get slapped about the ears with maybe a big Mack truck crankshaft  :roll: for EVEN taking on this stooopid job.
  Someone brings me a 15 y/o Chev Sprint a while ago.Here in the salt/rust capital of the universe..Southern Ontario.
  The Canadian models.. in some years had extra bolts through the yes already splined front axle drive plates,hubs and threaded into the rotors.Why? Who knows.The same reason I guess why other cars do this with rotors and drums(the phillips screws are my favourite!) while others don't..then a few years later..oh let's not do that no more.Stupid. :?:  :evil:
  This pos had 200k on it with yes.The original rotors.Original rotors. :roll: No..they weren't that badly worn..just that the facing on them had rotted off.
 Just needed new front brakes.
 Well..a few places were quoting some serious money for this job.Why? Because they couldn't get the hubs off. :?:
 These just LAUGHED at my axle shaft puller..slide hammer. :D  :D  :D Oh yeah..this pulls axle shafts out of 5 tons.Using this was just silly.. :roll: and was NEVER,ever gonna work.Never. :!: Yes..funny ha ha the nut was off.
  This got me seriouslly p'od :evil:  :evil:  and I became seriouslly deranged :twisted: (not that I am not already) :roll: .And stooopidly determined :cry:  that this was a comin' apart.And this way too! Slide hammer..slide hammer..slide hammer..

Hey this might work..big long thick piece of threaded rod..and a few pieces of steel bent into angles..with some holes..go over the wheel studs..back to back..and ..sandwich them together with this big eye bolt in between.On with the wheel nuts.Bolt these pieces together and through the eye bolt.Join the threaded rod and the eye bolt.Hmmmm...ya..that should about do.A truck dif case with the ring gear and bearings in.Yank out the gears.Get some blocks..to support this nonsense..slide this sucker over the threaded rod.Couple of big washers and a nut..VOILA! Monster slide hammer :twisted:  :wink:  :D
  Victory.

I know,I know..I deserve to be slapped about the ears with that crankshaft :P

bucketmouth

Don't know if I mentioned this one on here before but I reckon it's worth saying again.
Tired of those annoying oil drops coming out of the breather cap and onto the firewall and front guard well here's something that I did to stop it.
I bought one of those girls thick hair lackies and wrapped it around the base of the breather cap where it pushes into the rocker cover and presto no more blow back onto the firewall as the lacky soaks up the drips and all for the great cost of $1.00. 8)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

enjenjo

Ok, the tech entries are closed on this one. I'll have our judge look them over and decide on a winner, as far as I am concerned they are all winning ideas.