Landmark build stage

Started by Pep, April 17, 2006, 11:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pep

For those that remember, I am still building my 37 roadster. I have now made it to actually putting the body back onto the chassis......looks like a car now instead of a pile of bits. Here is a link to the current web page.
http://pepsgarage.com/April%202006.htm
See Ya
Pep

enjenjo

Looks like you will be driving it next season. Lookin' good PEP!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pep

Yeah Frank...hope to be firing it up August and driving it around by our summer....but going by my track record...who knows :wink:
See Ya
Pep

jaybee

Pep that looks really good.  Shows that you don't have to sacrifice a thing in detail just because you don't by $20 muffler clamps and all the other high dollar goodies.  That gives hope to people like me.  

Just when you think things are getting slow around here the activity level picks up.  Good to see so many people doing so many things!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Looks good Al !! What are you going to do with the top?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Pep

Quote from: "40"Looks good Al !! What are you going to do with the top?

Thanks all...The top, well I have it ready. The wood bows have been re created ( not by me..I hate wood...its a mongrel to weld  :wink: ) I have started modifying the metal parts, but put that aside. I have some more cutting and sectioning to do on it cause it don't look right. I have shown that on my web site somewhere. Around mid last year I think. The top won't stop me from getting it on the road, so it's not a high priority at present.
See Ya
Pep

EMSjunkie

Good on ya Pep.  :b-d:

Keep up the good work. keep us updated on your progress

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Pep

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Good on ya Pep.  :b-d:

Keep up the good work. keep us updated on your progress

Vance

I generally update my site every Monday around noon, Vance ( my lunch break at work ). Which will be your Sunday morning I think, so log on then and you will see if I have made progress or not. I suspect there will be a flurry of activity since my wife is now showing a keen interest. What that equates to is she will not care if my brownie points are depleted :wink:
See Ya
Pep

Dirty31

Always nice to see them going back together,  Keep up the good work and you will be done in no time

Sean

Quote from: "Pep"For those that remember,

Why wouldn't we? I have been keeping up with your build, but you're slower than Christmas... :wink:  

I have to admit, your ability to stay focused is what keeps me interested in what you're doing. You just keep plugging away at the small details, where I would have gotten tired of messing with it and moved on to something else.

For that matter, several people on this forum are like that, must be something that comes with age.... :twisted:

Pep

Quote from: "Sean"
Quote from: "Pep"For those that remember,

Why wouldn't we? I have been keeping up with your build, but you're slower than Christmas... :wink:  

I have to admit, your ability to stay focused is what keeps me interested in what you're doing. You just keep plugging away at the small details, where I would have gotten tired of messing with it and moved on to something else.

For that matter, several people on this forum are like that, must be something that comes with age.... :twisted:

I seem to be going as fast I can Sean but getting nowhere fast :) ....The age thing may have something to do with it, but not in the way you think....I get distracted a lot. I will walk from one end of the garage to do something at the other end, but by the time I get there I get distracted onto something else :? or forget what I'm supposed to be doing. I aint as fussy about things as most think, I just need some ponderin time to work out how to attack it....I work on my own so there is no one to get me back on track when I go off on a tangent :) Now the assembly stage is here, I think I can get focused a bit more. I don't have to think as much, I have already been there and done all the work before.
See Ya
Pep

nzsimon

Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

48builder

Quote from: "Pep"For those that remember, I am still building my 37 roadster. I have now made it to actually putting the body back onto the chassis......looks like a car now instead of a pile of bits. Here is a link to the current web page.
http://pepsgarage.com/April%202006.htm

Very nice! I love the choice of colrs in the engine bay. I'll have to show the missus. I keep telling her she has tp pick paint colors soon. Of course then she reminds me that I have been saying that for 8 years now. :lol:

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Dirk35

Pep, can you tell me about the heat shield around your mater cylinder and booster? I need to do the same for my 35.

Oh yeah, I love the colour (you guys put a "U" in the word color dont you?) of your engine!

FWIW, your entire car from the middle of the frame forward is almost identical to my 35! I guess I am doing something right. I even used the same alternator placment.

Hopefully this pic will attach of my 302.

Dirty2

Very nice !!! Keep up the good work and it will be on the street in no time.
If it aint got 3 pedals it aint no HOT ROD !!
Built Ford tuff with Chevy stuff !