Irenes monte SS was so almost finished

Started by 48ford, April 13, 2006, 07:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

Well boys&girls,
I realy gave it all I had,
i got the new motor in,it runs strong,new cowl hood,new brakes,slick air cleaner $5.00 at the junk yard. but i'm burnt out.
The exhaust is a pain a real pain! The 305 manifolds don't fit a 350,so i get 350 manifolds,,but i had a brain fart,and ordered ceramic coated header,but i took them out of the box and it looks like a tube will be hitting the heater A/C box.
I got 2 1/2 header back exhaust hung on it,but I just don't think the headers are going to work,and no time to send them back.
I think what put me over the edge was that the shifting cable broke yesterday,and i have to stop and replace that today.
I wanted it finished by saturday,but i'm running out of time.
Russ

58 Yeoman

Even if you don't get it done in time before she gets back, I'm sure that she'll appreciate it just the same.  Look at all you've accomplished so far.  When she gets back, it shouldn't take long to get the 'minor' glitches fixed.  I'm betting that she'll really be surprised to see that you've tried so hard to get it done as a surprise, and will understand that you just couldn't get it done in time.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

If you want to come out, I have tons of exhaust manifolds for small block, we might be able to match up what you need, I might even have a used shift cable. Check your engine ground wire, that's what usually eats the cable.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Scrap Fe

I wanted it finished by saturday,but i'm running out of time.
Russ[/quote]

Just tell her it was a one man "Overhauling" show.  She will understand.

When we were at SEMA last November, Overhauling was doing a 1967 Charger in a tent on the grounds.  We went in to watch for a while and I counted 23 people working on the car.  I told my wife that is why mine is taking so long. Ha Ha!

donsrods

Russ:  You gave it a real, hard try, and that's what counts. Evidently, for you to go to all this trouble and be so excited about it, she must be a very special lady. She will see what you are doing, and be thrilled that you did this just for her.

I know what you mean about just being beat. Last fall we put a 15-20 hour a day push on to get my Son's '29 Fordor done in time for Daytona Turkey Rod Run. He had worked so hard on it and it meant so much to him there was no way I was not going to see that car make it.

We would work until 2 in the morning for weeks on end, and finally about 2 weeks before the day we were to leave, we found out the torque converter wouldn't clear the flexplate, we needed a race flexplate. So he and I sat back, had a beer, and he made the decision to quit pushing ourselves. He said he felt like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders, because now he could concentrate on finishing the car well, instead of throwing it together to make the run.  Sometimes you just have to take a breather and see what is really important.

We all shared in your excitement in wanting to give her a finished, running car, but you are going to give her something more important. .......a husband who loves his wife enough to do something so great for her.

She will LOVE the car when she gets home. :D  :D  :D

Don

Sean

Sounds like you gave it a pretty good go. I was hoping you'd get it done too, but its the thought that counts. I am sure she will be happy with what you have done.

Now she'll be on you to finish it though... :wink:

parklane

Well Russ, you sure gave it all you had. As they say, it's better to aim for the moon, and hit the tree, than aim for the tree, and hit your foot :?

John :)

FWIW.............I'll bet momma will love ya either way :wink:
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??