Husker

I sent them to you Oldsub

OldSub

Quote from: "Husker"I sent them to you Oldsub

Got them.  THANKS!

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

GPster

Quote from: "Husker"I could use dimensions of an aftermarket fuel tank, I am going to have an aluminum one built here in town by a buddy of a buddy and the dimensions would be a plus.
In the front of my Chevy Duty catalog they have some of the ideocyncracies of the AD truck line from '47 to '55. If I read it correctly, the '47 and '48s had the gas tank in the frame behind the cab. Plans change during the builds depending on what's available/when but something you might consider would be the chance that gas level sender and your gauge might be a better match. Something else. If you go with sub-framing save the front spring rear mounts and use them for the rear spring front mounts. I know it's a minor thing but the mounts don't stand as tall and I seem to remember the rivet holes line up. The springs are the same width and it gives you a chance to check/change the spring bushings. Also the high stands might be better to use with the front springs/axel to build a trailer with a straight frame. GPster

Husker

I picked it up with the Nova sub frame already installed. They also threw a Nova 10 bolt under the rear, it sets to darn high in the rear so I will be looking at lowering it several inches. Your suggestion may help me here.

Another note, A buddy of mine has a buddy who will build me a tank to my specs. I have some ideas for the tank based on some stuff I have seen. I can go stainless or aluminum, the guy is a pro with both, what way would you guys suggest?  

The bottom line is I just want to get the truck on the road and drive it some this year.  I retired from rebuilding the wrecked late model stuff I was doing the past 15 years, now I am looking forward to something old again!  I picked up a set of quad gauges, coated headers and a new wiring harness last week, slowly getting there.

You guys have been great! If you ever pass our way and want to know what is going on you can check out the website I am building for our local scene at www.tristaterodders.com