Wiper Motor

Started by 40 Chev, March 25, 2004, 07:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

40 Chev

I want to change my vacuum wiper motor to electric, I was told that JC Whitney had the direct replacement motors. But when I went to their site it says the motors are for 41 to 48 Chevs and mine is a 40. Will this still work or is there a difference between 40 and 41.

TIA
John

phat46

Quote from: "40 Chev"I want to change my vacuum wiper motor to electric, I was told that JC Whitney had the direct replacement motors. But when I went to their site it says the motors are for 41 to 48 Chevs and mine is a 40. Will this still work or is there a difference between 40 and 41.

TIA
John

I don't know if it will fit, but if it does it probably won't work well. I bought one from Whitneys for my '46 and it wouldn't move both wipers very well, not enough power. I bit the bullet and bought a Newport Engineering direct bolt on motor and it works great. They even fixed it for free when i screwed it up.

Fat Cat

I will back up what Joe says about those motors. We got one for a 47 Chevy. It would not run things very well. Ended up going with a Newport engineering setup as well. As much as I am a cheap skate and would rather make than buy. You really can't create it as cheap as Newport sells it.

paul2748

I put New Port's in my 48 and 54 Ford.  I say what the others do - they work great.

tomslik

Quote from: "paul2748"I put New Port's in my 48 and 54 Ford.  I say what the others do - they work great.

not only that, it's set up for washers (if you drive in all weather, it's nice) and you can get a intermitant switch for it for another 50-60 bucks....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Charlie Chops 1940

I put a Newport kit on my '40 last year. It's a dandy, but now I need to get some wiper assemblies that are up to the speed.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!