New addition to the car stable

Started by phat rat, March 12, 2006, 07:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

My son went to Wi. yesterday and picked this up for my 11 year old grandson. Think he might be happy? Happy would be an understatement. Course grandpa will have to spend some time at the track this summer also
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Roadstar

That is very cool, He is a lucky kid to have that and a you for a Grandpa.

phat rat

Thanks Rudy, but I think I'm the lucky one. I've got him for a grandson!  He's the one you met at autorama in Grand Rapids. He drove another kids car a couple of times last year and has wanted on ever since. Lucky for him dad understands, as he's into racing also.

Grandadeo

So that's what I have to look forward to after the '36 Ford Stroller.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

That's way cool! What is the power plant??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat rat

Quote from: "40"That's way cool! What is the power plant??

I don't remember I'll have too ask. I do remember it's aftermarket, does that count for something? Just for the record in case there's any misunderstanding, Grandpas not funding this my son is.

Mikej

I think they are 5hp. They had a tv show on with these cars. Don't remember that they said how fast they went or how long the track was.

Charlie Chops 1940

They run 1/8th mile at around 80/85 mph. I believe 5 hp is the deal. That's cool Jack. Nice to see Jack Jr, get the boy involved. It'' be a real confidence builder.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

reborn55

Man that is great.  I am sure you will enjoy it as much as he does.  :D

ripper

for my mind Phat Rat & Son should get a top shelf parenting trophy!

Very cool...reckon that kid'll have a smile from one ear lobe to the other!!!

Nice one Phat Rat!!!!
That kids got very cool anscestors  8)  8)  8)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
May The Vehicle You Use To Get There Become The Reason For Going!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

phat rat

Quote from: "40"That's way cool! What is the power plant??

Talked to my son a bit ago. I was wrong they are based on Briggs&Stratton blocks. He doesn't know what hp this motor is. The one the previous owner was running in it they kept. The other boy was running around 8.9 sec in the 1/8 with it. I know they will make this  happen one way or another for my grandson by next season. The frame is chrome moloy and the body carbon fiber so it's pretty light. Before I got there yesterday just the two of them lifted it up onto sawhorses. They got all kinds of extra parts, 4 blocks, ? cranks,? cams, ? heads, wheels and even another frame that was started and never finished.

phat rat

Quote from: "ripper"for my mind Phat Rat & Son should get a top shelf parenting trophy!

Very cool...reckon that kid'll have a smile from one ear lobe to the other!!!

Nice one Phat Rat!!!!
That kids got very cool anscestors  8)  8)  8)

Thanks for the kudos, but as far as an award it's my son who made this happen for him. Your right about his smile. He was out with his mother tonight looking at racing suits and helmets, he's in his glory for sure.

ripper

kids should be taught...have your mid life crisis while you're young enough to enjoy it. I firmly agree but go one further, it's doing this sort of thing that prolly stops one from having a mid life crsis and prolly keeps one mentally on track.

Tis a good thing on so many levels.
I hadda wait til I was 18 before I started my mid life crisis...buggered if I was waiting til I was 50 or 60 :-)
May The Vehicle You Use To Get There Become The Reason For Going!

kb426

There is several classes. Stock, some modified and alot modifed.There are age restrictions to go with the class breakdowns.  The base is a 5 horse Briggs. They have one that is ready to run called a Raptor. The good ones are based on the Briggs alloy block called blockzilla. The stock block won't handle much more power. I believe the alky burners are around 20 horse. They also cost a small fortune. They make neat parts for them.
TEAM SMART

Bib_Overalls

An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks