new project update (pics)

Started by phat rat, March 07, 2006, 06:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

There is no doubt that this one is a Rat Rod:
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dirk35

If this helps..........

Yes Ford did use parts interchangibly. Often, even after a body chage across a year, they would use the left-over parts on the first ones of the new model year until they were used up instead of melting them down.

Also, there were different models in each year. My 1935 PU is a Deluxe model. Took a while to research this since there were a few things that didnt match typical 35 Ford Pick-ups. My truck HAD the swan neck shifter (Its still on the tranny I gave to Roothawg). Most 35's had a straight handle shifter and the swan neck one wasnt offered until mid 1936. It also had the Car Bumpers with the dip in the middle.

It is possible that the Grill of the 38 changed to the 39 and it was used on both years vehicle.

I am lucky, in that I have the title for my truck.

I did have to dig it out of the sand like your pictures.......but only over the axles and I had a tractor to pull it free. Wow! That must have taken a couple of days to dig that one out.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Dirk35"I did have to dig it out of the sand like your pictures.......but only over the axles and I had a tractor to pull it free. Wow! That must have taken a couple of days to dig that one out.

Thanks for the additional info.  

It wasn't too hard to get out and we had it out in a couple hours.  Luckily it was sand and not mud.  The one picture shows a fence post thru the cab.  We dug and then pulled on that post with the winch on my Jeep.  That way we kind of rocked it out of there.  There was still a lot of digging involved for 3 of us.  The first thing I did was dig down at the back of the cab to see if it was on a frame.  It wasn't.  If I would have had to dig the whole frame out it would still be there :wink: .  The fenders and grill were the hard part.  You can see in the picture they were completely underground.  When we started I thought the only thing there was the cab.

They probably used the frame for a trailer or something.  The truck was by an area that had mining at the beginning of the century and later in the uranium boom.

c ya, Sum