SPEEDWAY MUSEUM TOUR......Official sign-up thread.

Started by 40, March 06, 2006, 12:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

It's all set! John and the folks at Speedway are expecting us Saturday March 25Th at 9:00 AM! So.....Who's ready for a great time??? I am planning to leave our house at 6:15 and will be driving down US-77 to Lincoln. "Mike J" and his friends are planning on meeting us in Freemont and traveling with us the rest of the way....Anyone else traveling that route is more than welcome to join our caravan! As I stated in my original post,there is a tour scheduled for 2:00 PM on Friday,the 24th,for anyone who may be coming in the day before and looking for something to do. Also,anyone traveling thru here on their way to Lincoln is more than welcome to come the night before and spend the night with us. Let's hope the weather cooperates and we can drive the hot rods!! I am looking forward to the tour and hope many of you can make it!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

36vicky

Daryle,

Thanks for setting this up, good work.  You can sign up Sue and me.  We'll see you there.  Tom & Sue G.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

btrc

Daryle,
 You can add myself and Dan Johnson to your confirmed list. We'll also plan to meet the group at 6:15.  That will save us time since you probably know how to get there. Hopefully the weather is good.  I'll give you a call a few days ahead of time.

Bob
Bob

jaybee

Unfortunately I'm going to have to bow out.   :(   Oldest son has a concert for his college choir at 2pm that day in Ames.  I tried the sad face and disappointed tone of voice on the wife, but she just isn't going for it this time.   :-o   Oh well, I've always made it a practice to be at events for the boys and have always been glad for it.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

John....Sorry to hear you and the boys can't make it.That face never works with my wife either :P

moparrodder

Daryle you can add us to the list !!  Gail has to work and can't get that day off so it will be me ,Andy,Chad and maybe Chad's girlfriend's two boys.  How long is the tour? we have to be back in Woodbine by 4 or 5 to head over to Harlan for the races, it's opening night and Andy's debut in circle track racing :roll:  it will be an interesting night for sure.  I will get in touch with Mike J to see when he is leaving Logan and tag along, so see ya in Fremont!!!     Bill

Bill....The tour should be over by noon or so....Look forward to seeing you on the 25th!

enjenjo

Much as I would like to, I'm not going to be able to make it. :(
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

That's why I'm never planning to retire......You retired guys are just too damned busy :P

HotRodLadyCrusr

Was there the day they opened the new museum.  What a TREAT, something for everyones taste.  Sure wish I lived closer cuz I'd LOVE to have the opportunity to see the place again.  You guys take lots-o-photos and please post them for those of us that can't make it.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Mikej

Daryle, what time do you want to meet in Fremont and where?

Mike....There is a Burger King on the Northwest corner of the Hiway #77 and old Hiway#30 (I think) intersection.It is just North of Diers Ford.....Your friend will know where it is.I am planning to roll out of here around 6:15 or so....should put us in Freemont around 7:30 and it's about an hour to Lincoln.If we're running late....have a cup of coffee and a biscuit :P

kb426

The weather has caused me to not get all my tasks completed. I'm sad to report that I won't be coming.  :(
TEAM SMART

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us :(  ...was looking forward to putting a face with the name....perhaps our paths will cross at some point a bit later in the year!The weather sucks here as well! Supposed to be good by Saturday.....that 4' drift in front of my shop door is probably not going to be gone by Saturday so looks like I'll be driving the truck.I pretty much refuse to move the snow that comes in March....I figure it can go by the same means it arrived :P