Keep your rod safe at motels

Started by sy454, March 01, 2006, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flt-blk

I've heard of people pulling the coil to distributor wire, that would be easy enough to do if you don't have a hood.

I don't figure anybody wants my jalopy so I really don't worry about it.
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

OFOF

As was mentione above, I always take an old car cover to cover the car.  I hope that what they can't see won't tempt them.  So far so good.  Parking in a well lit place is a good idea.  Discussing the situation with the night clerk helps, at least they might take a peak at the lot during their shift.  Once in a while they will let you park under the awning area next to the front door.  Good insurance is a good investment just in case.
Don.
Don Palfreyman

unklian

A few years ago,someone drove a Tilt and Load truck into Lead East,
in the middle of the night,loaded up a chopped Merc and disappeared.

Lots of lights,people around,24 hour show security,GONE.  :shock:

How many times have we seen a car being towed down the street,
with the alarm screaming away? :roll:

If the wrong people want your car or bike bad enough,
you are not going to stop them;unless you sleep in the back seat,
with a gun,and they don't shoot you first. :idea:

butch27

I saw a product that lets the air out of your tires if someone moves it. YOU just have to remember it's on there.  I think I'll run 2 on my 'T'.

unklian

That's what dollies are for. :roll:
If they can raise one end,they put stands under the middle,
lower it back down so they can put a dolly under the other end,
and they are gone.

If you had a Lead Sled,sitting on the ground,so they couldn't
get under it at all,then you might stand a chance.MAYBE.

Watch the Repo Men shows on TLC,car theft raised to an art form. :idea:

butch27

Darn It;  They think of everything.  I had our family car stolen last Summer.  They had a Chevy key(with chip) made and drove off!

bucketmouth

Quote from: "sy454"Thanks guys some great ideas.I like the shoot them idea but at my age Jail isn't in my future.Maybe a battery shut off and a chain around my ankle attached to the car. :) Thanks for you input.

But just think, if you did jail time you could make us some great No plates :lol:

I was told of a bloke that loaded his own shotgun shells with rolled up paper had the opportunity to test it on some underprivileged low life and fired a couple of shots off at him as he was fleeing. He said the sight of small bits off burnig paper stuck all over the suckers back was the funniest thing he had ever seen. And no he never come back again. :lol:

But on the serious side I have a fuel shut off,pull the coil wire,disconnect the battery and just hope it's still there in the morning.
But if a thief really wants it nothing will stop them.
Sadly we had someone lose a 34 coupe,a 57p/up.57 belair and a Nissan 4wd.
The low lifes simply broke into their house took the keys,opened the garage and pushed all the cars out into the street and drove them away.
He was lucky in the sense that his 34 chev was in a friends garage.
Do you ya reckon that's made us think a bit differently about security.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

hemmigremmie

Hook up 2 wires from the hotels fuse box to yer car. Theyll get the shock of there lives. LOL  Hg :lol:

sy454

Thanks for all the reply's I heard that 30 to 40 cars get stolen every year at the hot August Nights alone.I just brought my first hot rod a 35 Chevy Coupe.I will put some of your ideas to use.
Thanks Alot :D  :D