SHO V6

Started by kb426, February 28, 2006, 07:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Does anybody have any exp. with the Taurus SHO V6?
TEAM SMART

unklian

My kid brother had one.
The motor was great,the manual transmission wasn't.

Took a few months for the dealership to
piece another transmission together,under warranty,
because there were no complete units available.

Might be a cool streetrod motor,adapted to a T-5,
if you can make the electronics work.

Kctom

Quote from: "kb426"Does anybody have any exp. with the Taurus SHO V6?
Are one heck of a engine, only bad part is they sound like a motorcycle.

Okiedokie

Have a friend that has converted one to rear drive configuration in a street rod. Not running yet.

jaybee

Quote from: "Joe Gaddy"Have a friend that has converted one to rear drive configuration in a street rod. Not running yet.

I saw one in a street rod 2-3yrs ago.  Looked great with all those intake tubes chromed.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

There's a yellow Henry J that was at LA in 99 that has one. I never got to hear it and it had an auto. So far, I haven't heard anything bad about them mechanically speaking. My quest is for something different that runs good and makes gas mileage. I believe they're rated at 220 hp. Not alot but if the rod is light enough, it should be at least able to pass a car at 70 mph.
TEAM SMART

Okiedokie

I know that the one I am familiar with is somewhat on hold due to the problem with the air intake being toward the firewall when re-configured to rear wheel drive.

rumrumm

Quote from: "jaybee"
Quote from: "Joe Gaddy"Have a friend that has converted one to rear drive configuration in a street rod. Not running yet.

I saw one in a street rod 2-3yrs ago.  Looked great with all those intake tubes chromed.

Jaybee, I think you may be referring to a guy in Lincoln, Nebraska, that has one in a red '32 highboy coupe. Very impressive engineering. He told me he was a tool and die maker, so you can imagine the quality of the workmanship. Awesome car. It does sound like a motorcyle, especially when  he gets on it.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

jaybee

Quote from: "rumrumm"Jaybee, I think you may be referring to a guy in Lincoln, Nebraska, that has one in a red '32 highboy coupe. Very impressive engineering. He told me he was a tool and die maker, so you can imagine the quality of the workmanship. Awesome car. It does sound like a motorcyle, especially when  he gets on it.

Yup, that's the one.  VERY nice car.  I didn't hear it run but I'm not surprised if they sound like motorcycles...the engines were built by Yamaha, at least originally.

Kctom

That car was a 37 club coupe ford built by Tony Vargus of Blue Springs Mo. A really nice car.  All it needed was a sound system with a healthy V-8 sound under the hood. Sounded like a Honda Goldwing when the engine was running and driving away.

34ford

Quote from: "rumrumm"Jaybee, I think you may be referring to a guy in Lincoln, Nebraska, that has one in a red '32 highboy coupe. Very impressive engineering. He told me he was a tool and die maker, so you can imagine the quality of the workmanship. Awesome car. It does sound like a motorcyle, especially when  he gets on it.

Yup, that's the one.  VERY nice car.  I didn't hear it run but I'm not surprised if they sound like motorcycles...the engines were built by Yamaha, at least originally.

This might be the one.

jaybee

It is.  Purty, huh?

32 Chevy

I had a SHO , I think it was a '90 and I really liked it a lot. That thing would really scoot and I never had a lick of tropuble with it. Great seats, too.

But then one day Mama decided to drive it, and when she parked in the driveway forgot that you havce to set the handbrake on a stick shift, especially if you leave it in neutral. And you live on a hill.....

Dave  :evil:  :evil:

sy454

I had a 89 Sho.The engine had to have a rev limiter on it or it will throw the belts. 7 thou red line.My son said he had it to 140mph the thing had a lousy clutch and trans but the engine hauled *.