USPS?

Started by Ornberg, February 28, 2006, 02:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ornberg

Is it a common problem with delayed shipping when you use USPS?
Suicide Doors ship my air ride stuff in early December and I got it today.
According to the USPS it was a normal 4-6 weeks shipping, but in real life it took 79 days! :evil:
What company can you recommend for shipping to Europe?
But anyhow I'm happy to get my stuff and be able to continue with my –41. :D  :D  :D

Per

unklian

Post Office can be slow,for international shipments.

donsrods

Not sure about Europe, but I use FedEx for everything. I think they are cheaper and faster than UPS, and the Post Office is terrible at handling packages.

By the way, we have used tons of stuff from Suicide Doors, and they are one of the best companies out there, in every respect. Great products, service, they will custom make stuff, price, and fast shipping. You will love their stuff, I'm sure.

See if you can hook up with FedEx.

Don

Crosley.In.AZ

postal service in the USA seem to move the odd stuff at a  very slow pace during the holidaze ( december)  time of the year
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bib_Overalls

Recently shipped a set of brakes (spindles, backing plates, and drums) to Germany via USPS.  Used two boxes.  Shipped both the the same day.  One arrived in about 60 days.  The other came two weeks later.  ??????

USPS surface is the most affordable of all the options.  About $70 for 50 pounds.  FedX, UPS, DHL, etc only offer air service and it is out of sight.  I'm thinking it would have cost on the order of $250 to ship one 50 pound box buy UPS.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Ornberg

Quote from: "donsrods"
By the way, we have used tons of stuff from Suicide Doors, and they are one of the best companies out there, in every respect. Great products, service, they will custom make stuff, price, and fast shipping. You will love their stuff, I'm sure.

See if you can hook up with FedEx.

Don

Yes, Don
The Thorbecke brothers over at Suicide Doors are awesome to deal with.
Best service available.

Per

BFS57

Hello;
I agree, shipping out of the us is painfully slow! We ship to the Philippines on a regular basis (family). We use a shipper that only ships to there. Maybe you should try to find just such a company! All of them ship via boat! They load in containers, when it arrives it's un loaded, inspected and then delivered!
Anyway you look at it the shipment is going to take time! Especially with the Terrorists always making life easy for all of us!
Bruce

bucketmouth

Well I've had four rims sent by the next available air freight which is a lot cheaper and had them arrive in Australia in less than a week.
We look at around seven days doing it this way.
I'm waiting on a quick change diff I just ordered and it was supposed to be at the shippers last friday so i'll see how long that takes.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Dave

Quote from: "Ornberg"Is it a common problem with delayed shipping when you use USPS?
Suicide Doors ship my air ride stuff in early December and I got it today.
According to the USPS it was a normal 4-6 weeks shipping, but in real life it took 79 days! :evil:
What company can you recommend for shipping to Europe?
But anyhow I'm happy to get my stuff and be able to continue with my –41. :D  :D  :D

Per

Wonder what you guys pay for shipping? It cant be cheap from the states? By the way Ive got a friend that bought 2 door panels from rod doors and they hosed em 42 bucks to ship em and thats in the states. Beware of thier shipping prices. In fact they told hum 20 some bucks..
Dave

bucketmouth

Off the top of my head it cost $US250 to ship 4 rims from the U.S. - Australia by the next available airfreight  (5 days).
While it's not cheap it was worth it when I received the rims,they were excellent.
Can be cheaper by sea but the wait can be up to 12 wks.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Ornberg

Dave
I pay 100 bucks to USPS for 4 airbag and 4 solenoids and a total weight of 11 kilo and that was the cheapest way of shipping it to me.
But the timefactor...

Per