Enjenjo, Skip, and Per..

Started by 48builder, February 24, 2006, 04:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

Enjenjo - Ended up using a wiper motor from '03 Olds Alero. All features work great. The standard GM wire colors made hooking it up a snap, too.

Skip - Got your book, and it is very informative. Question for you. My Camaro harness has a terminal block that all of the power feeds connect to . There are about 7 and all of them are fusible links. I need to shorten them all a couple feet to clean the installation up a bit. Can I just cut and splice them (following the directions in your book of course) or should I cut them and put new fusible links on the ends. Seems like a soldered splice should work fine.

Per - My friend got the '95 Cparice and will start trying to fit the front and rear suspension soon. I'll keep you posted on wether or not it works.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Ornberg

Quote from: "48builder"Per - My friend got the '95 Cparice and will start trying to fit the front and rear suspension soon. I'll keep you posted on wether or not it works.

48builder
Thanks. I look forward to that with great interests. :D

Per

Jokester

"Question for you. My Camaro harness has a terminal block that all of the power feeds connect to . There are about 7 and all of them are fusible links. I need to shorten them all a couple feet to clean the installation up a bit. Can I just cut and splice them (following the directions in your book of course) or should I cut them and put new fusible links on the ends. Seems like a soldered splice should work fine. "

I'm not Skip, but I'll answer.  Yes you can shorten them and splice in new fusible links.  The rule is to use fusible link wire that is 4 gauges smaller than the circuit.  For example, it the circuit uses a 10 gauge wire, use a 14 gauge fusible link.  Six or seven inches should do it.

my 2 cents.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

48builder

Quote from: "Jokester""
I'm not Skip, but I'll answer.  Yes you can shorten them and splice in new fusible links.  The rule is to use fusible link wire that is 4 gauges smaller than the circuit.  For example, it the circuit uses a 10 gauge wire, use a 14 gauge fusible link.  Six or seven inches should do it.

my 2 cents.

.bjb

Yeah, I figure I can put in new fusible links. I am thinking about doing it the easy way by just splicing the wire itself after removing a section. Seems to me a splice is a splice, whether the splice is from the 10 gauge to the 14, or if it is from the 10 to the 10.

Thanks,

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

You can just splice it, crimp splice is fine, soldering is difficult, the link wants to melt. Shortening the link 1/2" won't hurt it.

I'll have to look at the Alero motor.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.