trouble with mustang power rack

Started by blyde, February 22, 2006, 11:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blyde

I am using a 1985 Mustang power rack and a Chevette pump on my 36 Ford. early 302 V8
It is a lot harder to turn to the right than to the left.
Can any one tell me why.
Bill

enjenjo

You sure you don't have the pressure and return lines reversed?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

blyde

Quote from: "enjenjo"You sure you don't have the pressure and return lines reversed?
It's possible.
Which is which on the rack?
I have the pressure on the fitting on the outside. (on the left if you are sitting in the car)

36vicky

Are you building a NASCAR?  If so, you're all set.  Just trying to help...

I (think) I'm building a '36 Ford too, but so far progress is that of a glacier.  Keep up the good work, Tom G.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

BFS57

Hello;
I was just wondering about this subject myself, this morning when I stumbled across the exact answer. I went to the Classic Performance web site and I clicked on the Power Steering tech tips title. In this window, there is a nifty drawing of just how the pump to rack are supposed to be hooked up.
Answered my question, it may answer yours!
Bruce

Varicam

Don't remember which of the fittings goes on the left side, but the pressure fitting is always the smaller of the two.  You might also try bleeding the system again.  It sometimes is a bear to get all the air out, but there's a step by step procedure recommended by Flaming River that usually works.

blyde

Quote from: "BFS57"Hello;
I was just wondering about this subject myself, this morning when I stumbled across the exact answer. I went to the Classic Performance web site and I clicked on the Power Steering tech tips title. In this window, there is a nifty drawing of just how the pump to rack are supposed to be hooked up.
Answered my question, it may answer yours!
Bruce

Thanks Bruce
The website was just what I needed. I have my hoses on correct but may have other problems that Classic Per. outlines. I will check them out tomorrow.
Thanks again for your reply.
Bill

blyde

Quote from: "36vicky"Are you building a NASCAR?  If so, you're all set.  Just trying to help...

I (think) I'm building a '36 Ford too, but so far progress is that of a glacier.  Keep up the good work, Tom G.

No NASCAR. I am building a grandkid hauler
BSF57 found a website for me that I think will solve my problems.
Thanks for the reply.

blyde

Quote from: "Varicam"Don't remember which of the fittings goes on the left side, but the pressure fitting is always the smaller of the two.  You might also try bleeding the system again.  It sometimes is a bear to get all the air out, but there's a step by step procedure recommended by Flaming River that usually works.

Bsf57  found a website that had a drawing of the rack and hoses.
I have mine correct.
Thanks for the reply.
Bill