Today was even a better day.

Started by donsrods, February 21, 2006, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

Last Sunday my Son and I got the top on my '39 tack welded on, after chopping it 5 inches. WHen we quit, it was just tacked, and we planned to work on it more this week. Today, my Son called me to ask if we were going to work on it after I got off of work, so I headed over to the shop. When I walked in, the top chop was finished !  He had stayed Monday and Tuesday night until 4 AM and finished all the welding and grinding.  It looks great, and I can't thank him enough for doing that for me.  Here are some current pix.

donsrods

donsrods

donsrods

donsrods

enjenjo

You want to send him up my way? Looks good.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

You have reason to get the "Big Head" over that but how are you going to get it under that roof? Maybe he works better without the "Old Man" not standing around breathing down the back of his neck.

Looks Good! Now,aren't you glad you didn't kill him when he was a teenager :P What are you going to do for a box?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Uncle Bob

That Dan's a sneaky bugger ain't he?
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

kb426

Happy Birthday early? Looks great.
TEAM SMART

rumrumm

That was a very cool thing for a son to do for his dad. You've got a neat kid!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

58 Yeoman

Very Kewl.  My younger daughter almost got started on cars years ago, but bailed out early. :(

She didn't like the tedious detail work.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Nick32Vic

donsrods

Thanks guys for the nice words.  I have twin Sons, both 35 now, and they have never been a lick of trouble in all those years. (how the heck did THAT happen???) Both of them are very talented car builders (my other Son Don is building a drag Capri now, and it's coming really nicely) Dan has become the fabricator in the family, and is building his own '29 sedan. I've posted pictures of it before, but I'll post a couple more in case anyone missed them.

As for the bed on the truck, actually that is our very next project. We just bought a bead roller, and Dan has a sheet metal bender that he built, so we are going to start building a simple bed out of 1 x1 box tubing, skinned on both sides with 18 gauge sheet metal. We just talked about it today, and we are going to build a plywood box first, to get the size and shape, then duplicate it in steel. I think I am going to leave the floor open, because the 3 link suspension is pretty cool, and too nice to hide. I think I am going to send the tailgate off and have about a zillion louvers punched in it.

Both Dan and I missed having our rods done for Turkey Run in Daytona last Thanksgiving, but we are now shooting for summer on both of them.

Thanks again, and sorry to go on and on about this chop, but he just blew me away by doing such a great thing for me, and even getting 2 hours sleep a night to do it. (maybe he's paying me back for those nights I stayed up until he came in from a date when he was a teen !!! :D  :D  :D

Here is a picture of Dans frame.

donsrods

And this is the body and what it will sit like when it is done. (I think it sits too high, but what do I know?) :D  :D  :D

Thanks again, guys.