EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

donsrods

Jeeeez, could that be any cooler???

I swear, the 466 Ford I'm building HAS GOT TO HAVE A BLOWER ON IT.

Gotta have one blown car before I take up shuffleboard at the home, and at the rate I'm going, that isn't too far down the road.   :(  :(  :(  :(

Thanks for sharing the video, I've sent it to both my Sons,

blksheep

See,....another classic example of waaaay toooo much horsepower.

Give me the old standby 283 2bbl anyday.  :roll:

blksheep..."Forced air induction, direct fuel injection=More smiles per mile"...in Charlotte

donsrods

Thanks ALOT Vance.     :x

Ever since you posted this video I've been glued to that website. They've got so many cool videos, my vision is actually blurred.  I've been sitting in front of the computer watching those darned things for the past 5 hours.

In case anyone else wants to ruin your vision, the website it is on is:

www.streetfire.net

I've sent this website to my Sons too.  Why should I be the only blind one
  in the family???????    :D  :D  :D  :D

Crosley.In.AZ

I've had super charged small and big blocks.....

If you have ever riden in a vehicle that the blown motor was setup correctly...it's something you will never forget
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

donsrods

I never have ridden in one, but I've seen lots of them, especially lately, and you are right. The sounds, the animated nature of the way they move.........God, they are awesome.

As soon as I get this current '39 project out of the way, I have a 466 Ford sitting on the engine stand, with a lot of good work in it. I am going to drop the compression somewhat, and slide on a 6:71 or similar.  I've got a Total Performance T Bucket kit stored away, and I think this will be the combo. I was going to build it old timey, with wide whites and an Olds engine, but I think I'll change directions and build it with fat Mickeys and a more modern look to it.

I figure the power to weight ratio should be ok.   :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Don

This was my brother in laws car that we built a few years ago.The motor is a 502 GM crate motor,502 HP w/a 671 blower.It was very quick but pretty squirrely when you launched it.....very hard to keep it pointed in the right direction.....but,what a thrill when you hit the go pedal! :shock: The whine of a blower is pretty sweet music!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

donsrods

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about !!!  What a great looking (and I'll bet running) rod.

Don