Ebay Crooks

Started by speedracer, February 16, 2006, 11:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dv8

I bid on a Electraglide last spring and  it didn't sell BUT.... I did receive a "Buy it Now" notice from the "Original Owner/Seller"   I was skeptical so I did the google search and it amost started to play out correctly.  I offered to fly to TX and pay cash for it and the seller declined and wanted to use an escrow account and basically refused to let me pick it up ( he would pay shipping to my door with a complete refund if i didn't like it )...I obtained the VIN and had Harley and run the ## and low and behold it was originally sold to someone in Tenn and was a different model....I have never heard form this guy again...I did the same thing with a bike in Detroit.... ran the numbers it checked out, flew to Detroit and figured if it didn't worlk out...I was just out the plane fare....the guy picked me up at the airport ( I had visions of getting mugged ) 7:30 am and by 10:30  I was heading back to CA on the bike...and everythig was cool...I guess you just have to go into the transaction with doubt and work on it from there......

BFS57

Hello;
Don't know why I haven't replied to this sooner! I purchased my '57 Chevy from an EBAY auction. Lucky for me, the car was located about 65 miles away from my house. We drove to the car, I paid cash! and drove it back home in Orlando.
Since this time, I have bought several thousand dollars in pieces/parts to up grade the car. I constantly look to see whats available.
I only had one bad experience when I paid for something and didn't receive it but after some going around between the seller and the us postal service, I received a check for my refund.
I recently purchased a set of American Racing torque thrust 16" wheels for the Chevy for the un herd of price of $499.00!!! Even the seller said I got a great deal! I received them via ups three days later!
Iamb even thinking of painting my car to match the EBAY color scheme! (just kidding).
Bruce

Normspeed

That eldorado ad got yanked off ebay.  Guess someone reported it.

Quote from: "Ornberg"Talk about scamming on E-gay, look at this :?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/1959-CADILLAC-ELDORADO-BIARRITZ-CONVERTIBLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6147QQitemZ4614909321QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

speedracer

Quote from: "Normspeed"That eldorado ad got yanked off ebay.  Guess someone reported it.

Quote from: "Ornberg"Talk about scamming on E-gay, look at this :?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/1959-CADILLAC-ELDORADO-BIARRITZ-CONVERTIBLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6147QQitemZ4614909321QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Yea I saw the ad and that was a  real scam! I agree with the guys saying e-bay is a great place to do business ya just got to be extra careful!!  johnny

jeffa

Quote from: "dv8"I bid on a Electraglide last spring and  it didn't sell BUT.... I did receive a "Buy it Now" notice from the "Original Owner/Seller"   I was skeptical so I did the google search and it amost started to play out correctly.  I offered to fly to TX and pay cash for it and the seller declined and wanted to use an escrow account and basically refused to let me pick it up ( he would pay shipping to my door with a complete refund if i didn't like it )...I obtained the VIN and had Harley and run the ## and low and behold it was originally sold to someone in Tenn and was a different model....I have never heard form this guy again...I did the same thing with a bike in Detroit.... ran the numbers it checked out, flew to Detroit and figured if it didn't worlk out...I was just out the plane fare....the guy picked me up at the airport ( I had visions of getting mugged ) 7:30 am and by 10:30  I was heading back to CA on the bike...and everythig was cool...I guess you just have to go into the transaction with doubt and work on it from there......
Nice to see it worked out for you DV8. But moreso I liked the phrase "and by 10:30 I was heading back to CA ON the bike"! Sounds like a real win win for you: you got a bargain AND got to enjoy it the way it was meant to be enjoyed straight away!