The sunday bus trip...Long post

Started by Dave, March 22, 2004, 06:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

What fun.. First we went to a local rodders house who ive known for years but never been to his house. He has been collecting stuff for years. 4 32 sedans in different states. A tall t that we didnt take the cover off. A 40 ? merc. 40 sedan delivery 3 32 frames. 57 nomad. Old race cars,man what stuff. 2nd stop at a guys place that builds replica cobras and gt 40's, The gt's come from south africa and the cobras are all aluminum and come from poland. All done with paint and interior but no engines or transaxles.
He builds them from different people. Also he had a real cobra that a guy in the club owns that i hear is worth BIG bucks. Next was another club members house. He is building a 34 roadster . Glass body but old timey frame with a flat motor and a stick.
He had a couple other rods too. Ok its 12 noon. Imagine 2 buses one motor home and 4 cars pulling into the party store. LOL. They called ahead and told em we were comming and they had extra staff on duty and were happy we stopped! Next stop and a longer ride to Sterling heights and a place where they restore corvettes mainly but do other things too. Way cool. next stop a stamping plant i think we were in Dearborn. If any of you know John Hall who has built some really nice cars this place is tooling up to make repop steel 27 t roadster bodys for him.
We got the tour complete with starting with the cad drawings down to looking at some of the first body parts.They do a lot of prototype stuff for the big 3 and short run production stuff. We watched them stamping fenders for choppers for a guy in california. You shoulda seen the machine they have for checking pannels and stuff its a brown and sharpe and its almost bigger than my garage! Everyone agreed that was the coolest stop.The last stop was for food. They had a deal with a place to feed us all and we just had to pay for our drinks. Good food too. I wasnt too sure about the day before we left but it was way cool.. Imagine 2 big old buses cruzing down a back gravel road and everyone drinking beer...And we had old hot rod movies on the tv in the bus..Ive never had so much fun riding around on sunday drinking beer.Oh ya we had the short bus!.. really we did the other one was longer.

Left at 9 am and I was back home by 7:30 pm .

Dave :b-d:
ps: Did i tell ya we drank beer and had fun ?

48ford

Quote from: "N8DC"What fun.. First we went to a local rodders house who ive known for years but never been to his house. He has been collecting stuff for years. 4 32 sedans in different states. A tall t that we didnt take the cover off. A 40 ? merc. 40 sedan delivery 3 32 frames. 57 nomad. Old race cars,man what stuff. 2nd stop at a guys place that builds replica cobras and gt 40's, The gt's come from south africa and the cobras are all aluminum and come from poland. All done with paint and interior but no engines or transaxles.
He builds them from different people. Also he had a real cobra that a guy in the club owns that i hear is worth BIG bucks. Next was another club members house. He is building a 34 roadster . Glass body but old timey frame with a flat motor and a stick.
He had a couple other rods too. Ok its 12 noon. Imagine 2 buses one motor home and 4 cars pulling into the party store. LOL. They called ahead and told em we were comming and they had extra staff on duty and were happy we stopped! Next stop and a longer ride to Sterling heights and a place where they restore corvettes mainly but do other things too. Way cool. next stop a stamping plant i think we were in Dearborn. If any of you know John Hall who has built some really nice cars this place is tooling up to make repop steel 27 t roadster bodys for him.
We got the tour complete with starting with the cad drawings down to looking at some of the first body parts.They do a lot of prototype stuff for the big 3 and short run production stuff. We watched them stamping fenders for choppers for a guy in california. You shoulda seen the machine they have for checking pannels and stuff its a brown and sharpe and its almost bigger than my garage! Everyone agreed that was the coolest stop.The last stop was for food. They had a deal with a place to feed us all and we just had to pay for our drinks. Good food too. I wasnt too sure about the day before we left but it was way cool.. Imagine 2 big old buses cruzing down a back gravel road and everyone drinking beer...And we had old hot rod movies on the tv in the bus..Ive never had so much fun riding around on sunday drinking beer.Oh ya we had the short bus!.. really we did the other one was longer.

Left at 9 am and I was back home by 7:30 pm .

Dave :b-d:
ps: Did i tell ya we drank beer and had fun ?

Book the roundtable next year!

Dave

not by me. there was a guy doing a video but i dunno who he was.. Ill check into it. I have yet to buy a digital camera only cause i dont want no cheap one i want a good one. Well sue has other plans for our money too and ive got a couple items yet to finish on the 32 so ill wait for a bit to buy one. Im sorry i dont have pics...
dave :roll:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Was the guy that builds the Cobras name Dave Wagner?  Works for Ford Motor Company as his real job.  Huge new house down a gravel road off 7 Mile Rd?  He's a good bud of mine and the real Cobra you mentioned belongs to another buddy Steve Rehildard.  Great guys.  I've got some photos here somewhere of the Cobras.  Just have to find them cuz there real photos, not digital on my computer.

What a way to spend a Sunday!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Was the guy that builds the Cobras name Dave Wagner?  Works for Ford Motor Company as his real job.  Huge new house down a gravel road off 7 Mile Rd?  He's a good bud of mine and the real Cobra you mentioned belongs to another buddy Steve Rehildard.  Great guys.  I've got some photos here somewhere of the Cobras.  Just have to find them cuz there real photos, not digital on my computer.

What a way to spend a Sunday!
Yup thats him...... and the other guy too.
Dave