Aussie in Alaska

Started by Franky, February 11, 2006, 05:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franky

Hi guys,
Looks like I'm going to Anchorage Alaska for 12 mths on a firefighter exchange program. starting july I'm in Darwin (Top of Oz) :shock:  :shock:

Any contacts, advice, tips would be great...Another thing is there any chance of picking up a decent/cool set of wheels we can drive around for 12 mths +-$5000 :?:

cheers Franky
Is it ever goin to cool down up here!

CHEERS Fireman Franky

Bib_Overalls

I've been in Darwin and I have been in Anchorage.  Boy are you in for a surprise.

Midnight Sun is in Colorado now.  But he spent some time in Alaska.  If he does not jump on this thread start one with "Hey Midnight Sun" as the title.

Or you might be able to contact him through the email address on his web page:  http://www.geocities.com/jacksproject1998/index.html      .
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Slick 50

I have an engineer buddy in Anchorage. I'll drop him a line and ask if he knows of any vehicles for sale. What are you looking for?

Take your fishing gear!

Good luck and have fun. It's a neat place. Get yourself a Milepost Book. (Amazon or someplace like that). It has everything you need to know. It's an invaluable travel planner for Alaska.
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

Franky

Car wise I don't know , something a car seat (9month ol) can fit in.. Just reliable how ever I was a mechanic before a firie so minor maintenance won't be a prob.. Just won't have all my tools.. 2 door and 50's would be nice but not expecting too much for $$, 60's stang Would be nice to bring something home at the end of my visit... If nothing around will happily just get a cheap run around and spend some$$ on parts for my 39 Willys and 37 chev, that I have here.
Bought a lonely planet guide to Alaska, Book with heaps of info
Is it ever goin to cool down up here!

CHEERS Fireman Franky