INTRO...pics of my car and an historical hot rod I'm hunting

Started by chopt50ford, February 03, 2006, 10:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chopt50ford

Hello!  This is Rob Radcliffe from Temecula, Ca and I this is my first post here, so go easy on me...hopefully I have some tings to offer to the board.

I have a small kustom shop called King Kustoms in Temecula, Ca, specializing in '49-'51 Fords and Mercs.  I'm not trying to spame here or promote my business, just thought I would mention it...

Here is my '50 Ford which I built from a bone stock '50 tudor sedan I bought at the Big 3 swap in San Diego, CA about 3 years ago.  I completely rebuilt this car from a burned out total wreck which I used the frame, motor, trans, rearend from.  I chopped it and bagged it myself, as well as all bodywork and mechanicals to date.  It will be gloss black with an all red interior.

check out my site here for more:
www.kingkustomstemecula.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also trying to find any sort of history on a '32 Ford truck that a friend of mine just bought down in San Diego.  It was built in the early-mid '50s and owned by a man named * Miller...

Supposedly, * Miller died at El Mirage while racing, and we believe he flipped his '32 roadster and died then, or maybe another accident...(not sure)

I just thought maybe you, or anybody you know, might have some kind of information on this truck.

I attached some pictures for reference, and here is the information:

-Owned by * Miller and used to tow his '32 Ford roadster to El Mirage.  
-'32 Ford truck
-full fendered
-full length bed with '49-'50 Ford passenger car taillights
-chopped 3"-3.5" with the rear glass brought down (instead of mailslotted)
-louvered hoodsides with 2 rows, and the bottom row being longer
-had a tonneau cover at one time (the snaps are still there)
-chrome dropped axle
-truck was painted yellow with black pinstriping
-the dash has 3 Stewart Warner gauges inside
-had chrome headlights and chromed headlight bar
-chromed towhitch for his roadster
-Columbia 2 speed rear axle

The truck originally had a built flathead, then a Caddy and it is still set up for the Caddy motor but has no motor in it.  It is also missing the grill shell.

The driver's doorjamb has a Texaco sticker on it dated 7/14/56

Truck was featured in 2 magazines in the 1950s, but we are not sure which ones...

THERE HAS TO BE SOME HISTORY ON THIS TRUCK OUT THERE SOMEWHERE!!!

Or at least on * MILLER...

Thank you very much for your time and please email me at chopt50@msn.com with even the slightest bit of info...

Rob Radcliffe
Temecula, CA

chopt50ford

chopt50ford

A while ago before I molded in the '50 Merc grill shell...

I plan to run a '48 Buick sidetrim spear just like the Sam Barris green '49 Merc on the cover of Motor Trend.

I want this car to look like it came off of the Barris or Valley Kustoms lot in the early to mid '50s...

chopt50ford

And here is the truck I am trying to find any sort of history on- a '32 Ford truck that a friend of mine just bought down in San Diego.  It was built in the early-mid '50s and owned by a man named * Miller...

Supposedly, * Miller died at El Mirage while racing, and we believe he flipped his '32 roadster and died then, or maybe another accident...(not sure)

I just thought maybe you, or anybody you know, might have some kind of information on this truck.

I attached some pictures for reference, and here is the information:

-Owned by * Miller and used to tow his '32 Ford roadster to El Mirage.  
-'32 Ford truck
-full fendered
-full length bed with '49-'50 Ford passenger car taillights
-chopped 3"-3.5" with the rear glass brought down (instead of mailslotted)
-louvered hoodsides with 2 rows, and the bottom row being longer
-had a tonneau cover at one time (the snaps are still there)
-chrome dropped axle
-truck was painted yellow with black pinstriping
-the dash has 3 Stewart Warner gauges inside
-had chrome headlights and chromed headlight bar
-chromed towhitch for his roadster
-Columbia 2 speed rear axle

The truck originally had a built flathead, then a Caddy and it is still set up for the Caddy motor but has no motor in it.  It is also missing the grill shell.

The driver's doorjamb has a Texaco sticker on it dated 7/14/56

Truck was featured in 2 magazines in the 1950s, but we are not sure which ones...

THERE HAS TO BE SOME HISTORY ON THIS TRUCK OUT THERE SOMEWHERE!!!

Or at least on * MILLER...

Thank you very much for your time and please email me at chopt50@msn.com with even the slightest bit of info...

Rob Radcliffe
Temecula, CA

chopt50ford

front:

this is a late '32/early '33...note the shape of the firewall is like a '33-'34 Ford truck...

chopt50ford

EMSjunkie

Welcome to the RRT.  :D

hang around a spell, learn, and teach.  8)

we don't flame, or rag on ya for what you are building.
we don't care, as long as you are doing the work and enjoying
the hobby. however, some good natured ribbing between the
guys is permitted, and in some cases, expected.  :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

chopt50ford

Hey no problem with some old fashioned ribbing here...

I just hate the usual drama that happens on so many boards....

I'm looking forward to learning here.

Also, here is a picture of my newest project; a '29 Ford roadster on original '32 rails that have been boxed with a Model A front crossmember, split '40 wishbones and a dropped axle, and tube crossmembers.  I had been collecting everything to build a very hardcore, period-correct 1940s '32 Ford truck, but just recently traded the cab and shortened '32 bed and some other goodies for this real '29 roadster body.  It needs some work, and my '50 will be finished first, but I have everything for this: '46 59AB flathead, '42 Ford truck trans. (open drive), '47 Ford truck rearend (open drive with 4:11), '34 Ford passenger car column and box and wheel, '35 Ford 16" wires on Firestone blackwalls, original '32 car grill shell...

I'll keep you all up to date...

ROB

Rayvyn

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Welcome to the RRT.  :D
however, some good natured ribbing between the
guys is permitted, and in some cases, expected.  :shock:
Vance

And in some cases, it's downright mandatory.  :D
But we know who starts it most of the time too... :wink:
That mean old guy up in Ohio... :twisted:
Especially Wed. evenings... 8)
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "chopt50ford"Hello!  This is Rob Radcliffe from Temecula, Ca and this is my first post here, so go easy on me...

Welcome aboard...
Maybe hitting the SCTA website will produce a few leads on who to contact for history on the truck. It seems there ought to be a few old timers out there in Cali who remember it. :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

chopt50ford

Thanks.  I did email the SCTA website with pics and info, as well as AHRF and many other sites...something should pop up...

ROB

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"