Over heating problem

Started by speedracer, February 03, 2006, 10:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

Parklane asked:

All things being equal, what is the best, pull, or push??

Don't really know if one is more efficient than the other, but the decision usually boils down to where you have room for one. Some cars have room only behind the radiator, and some only have room in front. I would have loved to use one in front of the radiator on my Jeep truck that I swapped the 5.0 Mustang into, because my crank pulley is just inches from the radiator, but I had the grille right against the radiator in the front, so I had to use a slimline fan behind it. I would have preferred to use a fan with a big motor for the extra cfm's of air it would move, but I just had no room to do it.

If I had to venture a guess, I would think the edge would go to the puller fan in back of the radiator being slightly more efficient, only because you don't have something the size of an electric fan blocking some airflow from the radiator when you are rolling down the road. Maybe it is less intrusive in back of the radiator (?) but I could be all wet on that guess.

speedracer

Quote from: "donsrods"Parklane asked:

All things being equal, what is the best, pull, or push??

Don't really know if one is more efficient than the other, but the decision usually boils down to where you have room for one. Some cars have room only behind the radiator, and some only have room in front. I would have loved to use one in front of the radiator on my Jeep truck that I swapped the 5.0 Mustang into, because my crank pulley is just inches from the radiator, but I had the grille right against the radiator in the front, so I had to use a slimline fan behind it. I would have preferred to use a fan with a big motor for the extra cfm's of air it would move, but I just had no room to do it.

If I had to venture a guess, I would think the edge would go to the puller fan in back of the radiator being slightly more efficient, only because you don't have something the size of an electric fan blocking some airflow from the radiator when you are rolling down the road. Maybe it is less intrusive in back of the radiator (?) but I could be all wet on that guess.
Hey Don just thinging I took all the AC crap off the car but I forgot about the AC condesenor unit that sets in front of the radiator, I really did'nt even know it was there because it was hidden under the shroud.  This thing is the same size as the radiator it self except alittle slimmer.  Guess I should remove it to.  Seems like its restricting the air flow to the radiator.  What do you think?    johnny

donsrods

Sure, can't hurt. Anything that is in the way will restrict air flow, so that is probably a great idea.

Good luck.

Don