Know when to back down!

Started by 48ford, January 31, 2006, 11:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

I was working on my truck yesterday my everyday driver (1994) and I finish ,come in the house to ckean up and tell Irene"i think I need a new truck". She just looks at me and said "If you can keep that 46 ford running that truck should not be a problem".
 I must try another angle.
Russ&Irene

enjenjo

Ooooh.... That hurt.  Now you have to make HER decide you need a new truck.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Quote from: "48ford""If you can keep that 46 ford running that truck should not be a problem". I must try another angle.Russ&Irene
How about "I need to keep my time free to keep the '46 running"? Then she could suggest that you buy a new truck so you won't have two things torn up. GPster

kb426

I think she's got you down for the pin. Until you find out what she wants, there will be no new truck. :lol:
Years of exp. on her part have you at an extreme disadvantage.
TEAM SMART

Aaron51Chevy

Just tell her well to keep this one running, I need a diagnostic computer, and the emissions program as well as the lap top to run it on.  It'll be oh lets say 10k for all of it, plus parts. :lol:
\"It\'s not really yours unless you build it\"

blown240

Sounds like its time to "accidently" blow the engine. :twisted:

phat46

hmmm, maybe time to buld the  '94, lessee, new motor, with blower of course, new trans/rearend, wheels tires, new interior. Any new body parts needed, new paint, lowering kit, "yeah honey it'll be just like the other one". Not only was she saving you from buying a new truck, she was giving you permission to build a really nice dailey!  :D

Charlie Chops 1940

Oooh, that was cold! I wonder if she is my wifes long lost sister....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

donsrods

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh !!!!!! The single life. Now I remember why I love it so much.

purplepickup

Go buy a new truck and don't say anything.  When she notices, just plead old age memory loss and say "Dang...I wonder where the heck that came from?  Shoot, since I've got the new one you might as well take the old one since I won't need it anymore."  I'm sure she'll be happy.....  :twisted:  

Oh yeah Russ, when you get the truck you might want to buy some other stuff too.....like a bed, stove, and TV for the shop...your new home. :lol:  You never know, you might even find yourself happily single like donsrods :shock:
George

Crosley.In.AZ

LOL..... interesting idears..

I just retrieved my 2006 Silverado from the dealer (again).

Seems I have a brake rotor problem on this truck. Turned rotors the first time , it shook again in 45 - 50 miles.

new rotors yesterday.  It still does not drive / stop correctly.

keep your old truck.  I wish I'd kept my 2000 truck now.......it had 74k miles on the OE brakes still in great shape
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

blksheep

Go check out the current deals on the new truck of your choice. Take your trade and get an approx. trade-in value, plus rebates, low interest loans, two week island vacations and whatever else they are offering right now. Deduct these perks from the overall cost of the new truck and present you case with this opening statement.
"I'm thinkin about sellin my truck. These people are offering me so much more that it is worth". "This may be the deal WE have been waiting for"!

Sounds "Hokey" you say?? Just give it a try. Most Gals can't pass up a good deal. After all, your opening statement didn't work so hot, now, did it??

blksheep..."If yer diggin in a mine field, you gotta hit somethin"...in Charlotte

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Crosley"LOL..... interesting idears..
I just retrieved my 2006 Silverado from the dealer (again).
It still does not drive / stop correctly.

I bought a 2006 Crew Cab Silverado back in early Dec.  Haven't had a problem yet...but I'll know what to look for if it starts to shake, rattle and roll... :)
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

I bought a 2006 Crew Cab Silverado back in early Dec.  Haven't had a problem yet...but I'll know what to look for if it starts to shake, rattle and roll... :)

I hope you have better luck with yours....it is a wierd feeling shake / wiggle this truck has when stopping.

I think these OE General tires are a problem too.

I bought it in Sept 2005.... 1800 miles on it. I am not happy with it , so I don't like to drive it
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Gambler

I drive a 1968 Jeep Kaiser J3000 Gladiator 4x4 with the kaiser 327, 4 speed manual.  My girl used to complain about it..until I hit a cow doing about 50 mph...I lived, the truck got a little banged up, and the cow died. No other vehicle we own would give results in that particular mix.

I'd say "How about I sell my 94 and buy an old truck, they're easier to work on"  :roll: