Street Scene--Big Olds

Started by reborn55, January 30, 2006, 11:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reborn55

Got my Street Scene today and lo and behold there was the Big Olds in there and Denise smiling from ear to ear.  Congrats.

Bib_Overalls

That gal gets more press than Jessica Simpson.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"That gal gets more press than Jessica Simpson.

yes Denise does.

who is Jessica Simpson?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"That gal gets more press than Jessica Simpson.

and good for her.  :D  :D

I wouldn't walk across the street to see Jessica Simpson, but
I'll drive half way across the country to visit Denise and her folks.  8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
I wouldn't walk across the street to see Jessica Simpson.

Hey Vance, are you getting senile in your ol' age or are the slow rolling hills of Texas really that lonely..?   :D  :D  :D

Come over this way in about a month or so and I'll show you a couple thousand of them during spring break...!!    8)  :shock:  :D

WAY TO GO  "D".
Now save room fer somma dem udder guys inna magazeens, ya' print thief... :D  :b-d:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
I wouldn't walk across the street to see Jessica Simpson.

Hey Vance, are you getting senile in your ol' age or are the slow rolling hills of Texas really that lonely..?   :D  :D  :D

Come over this way in about a month or so and I'll show you a couple thousand of them during spring break...!!    8)  :shock:  :D

WAY TO GO  "D".
Now save room fer somma dem udder guys inna magazeens, ya' print thief... :D  :b-d:

Senility is underrated.  :shock:

nice thing about it, you get to go to new places and meet
new people every day.  8)  :?

hope to head your way some time in the near future.
would really like to meet you and docchevy.
notice we have quite a "gaggle" of folks in Florida.

sounds like a party in the makin'.  :D  :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

jaybee

Denise that's great.  It's nice to see this much attention paid to a car that wasn't built in a pro shop with an open checkbook.  Just shows that a well executed car will stand on its own regardless of how it came to be.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thanks for the heads up.  I haven't seen it yet.  What event coverage is it from??

I took Big Olds out for a spin on Saturday.  It was wonderful weather here that day.  Felt GREAT to be behind the wheel again and hear and feel his big block.  I'm finsihing up some chroming bits then getting him ready to cruz down to Austin, TX the end of March.  2 more months and the cruzn season will begin!! :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

alchevy

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I'm finsihing up some chroming bits then getting him ready to cruz down to Austin, TX the end of March.  2 more months and the cruzn season will begin!! :wink:

Denise, if your trip down to Austin takes you through Mississippi, there are a couple of car shows during March, you may want to see that some friends of mine are putting on (the one on March 18th is my club)(each one should have 80 - 100 cars at them or more):

MAR 3-4
Ole Brook Cruisers Rod and Classic show at Sullivan Ford Dealership in Brookhaven MS

MAR 18
River Run Auto Show at Vicksburg Factory Outlets Vicksburg, MS Vicksburg Cruisers Car Club

MAR 25              
3rd Annual Troop 98 Boy Scout benefit car show  at Springridge Methodist Church   Byram, Ms   Open show
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thanks for the info on those shows.  I will be traveling basicly from Detroit to Indy then to StLouis the Joplin, MO where I'll stop for the nite and meet up with BobK from WI, a group of guys from Chicago, a group from lower IL and one from IN.  We will then probley all head to Austin together.  I don't think I'll be anywhere near MS this trip.  

I do see the Crusn the Coast show in my future again though, maybe Oct 2007.  I sure would like to spend some money in the area to help the local economy.  I had a blast there the last time I visited.  Looking forward to doing it again.  When that happens, you'll be the first to hear about it cuz I really want to meet you and some of the others in the area.

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Thanks for the info on those shows.  I will be traveling basicly from Detroit to Indy then to StLouis the Joplin, MO where I'll stop for the nite and meet up with BobK from WI, a group of guys from Chicago, a group from lower IL and one from IN.  We will then probley all head to Austin together.

Dennnnnnnnniiiise! I hope you dont forget about good ol' nicky while your down this way.  :D

Nick

reborn55

Hey Denise--How far downs South in Illinois is you litle group coming from.  Anywhere near Carbondale.  hope you have a good trip.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Nick, You better keep a bed warm for me.  I'm stopping at your place on Sunday, May 7th on the way home from the Stray-Kat 500 in Tulsa, OK. :wink:

Ken, what show coverage was Big Olds in??  I haven't gotten a "StreetScene" in a year or so.

reborn55

It was the Promo Article for the Kalamazoo show.  Not bad being one of only 2 cars used for the promo for this years show. :D

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thanks Ken, I remember Bug Jr taking a picture of me cruzn in Big Olds with a couple of friends at this past years Kzoo show.  Perhaps I'll get lucky and they'll use that ad for the next 8 months or so.   8)

Oh yeah, I'm not sure what corn field Plowboy and his buds are from but somewhere in southern IL.