'95 Caprice track width

Started by 48builder, January 29, 2006, 02:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

Anybody know the front and rear track widths on a '95 Caprice? None of the listings I have go up that new. A friend has a '48 Buick and a '95 LT1 Caprice and would like to mate the two if possible. Frank tells me a pre-Mcpherson strut Camaro front will work, and I know the Camaro rear will work. We're just trying to find out if we can use what he already has. If all else fails, we'll have to do it the old-fashioned way and measure it ourselves.  :lol:
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

tomslik

Quote from: "48builder"Anybody know the front and rear track widths on a '95 Caprice? None of the listings I have go up that new. A friend has a '48 Buick and a '95 LT1 Caprice and would like to mate the two if possible. Frank tells me a pre-Mcpherson strut Camaro front will work, and I know the Camaro rear will work. We're just trying to find out if we can use what he already has. If all else fails, we'll have to do it the old-fashioned way and measure it ourselves.  :lol:

seems to me they're about 62 1/2-63" wide at the flanges.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Ornberg

QuoteAnybody know the front and rear track widths on a '95 Caprice?
-95 Caprice is front 61.8" and rear 62.3".
I know because I have thought of that swap myself.

Per

48builder

Quote from: "Ornberg"
QuoteAnybody know the front and rear track widths on a '95 Caprice?
-95 Caprice is front 61.8" and rear 62.3".
I know because I have thought of that swap myself.

Per

Thanks, Per. If he tries it out I'll let you know what happens
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

unklian

I've got a '95 Wagon if you need any other dimensions.