Dyno Don passes

Started by purplepickup, January 25, 2006, 07:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Slocrow emailed me with the sad news that Dyno Don Nicholson has passed away.  I watched him hit the first 7 second funny car pass ever at a dragstrip near here.  Them were the days :cry:

There's an article here on the NHRA website
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

btrc

When I was was young Dyno Don was my hero.  He, more than anyone else, was the racer I most admired and was probably the reason I spent 17 years at the tracks every weekend.  His yellow Mustang II was my favorite car of all time, I even painted my C/G car in those colors.  I still have my Dyno Don t-shirt, even though it is torn almost to shreads from years of wearing it.
 RIP Dyno Don.
Bob

HOTRODSRJ

Quote from: "purplepickup"Slocrow emailed me with the sad news that Dyno Don Nicholson has passed away.

Sad indeed!  Growing up on the west side of INDY and watching these marvelous characters during the 60s and 70s come to IRP for the NATS was GREAT, and Don always would talk to anyone!  

I also remember him from hangin with Raymond Beadle for years...a genuinly nice guy and always had a jab or two to share with everyone!
STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK

Leon

I raced him once at US30 dragstrip in Gary Indiana during a test session.  He was off the line before I realized the light was green.  Super quick.
RIP
http://www.dynodon.com./