New guy

Started by Ornberg, January 21, 2006, 04:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Don't know about the Caprice, but the Camaro is about 61.5" center to center on the tires.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rumrumm

Welcome, Per. My grandmother came from Smoland and my grandfather from Skaraborg. I hope I will be able to visit one of these years.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Ornberg

QuoteGlen also did a 48 a few years ago. He used a third generation Camaro rear, control arms, torque arm and all.
Enjeno
who is Glen?  Did he have a website? And, yes the Camaro clip have cross my mind but no decision so far. How will the Camaro clip line up with the Buick frame? Is it a close hit or is it a lot of fabrication?

Lynn
Nice to hear. I live in Smoland myself. :D  Do you know the place where your grandmother grew up?

rumrumm

My great-grandfather was a farmer, and worked as a hired man  for a large landowner. Their small,  one-room house was in the country. My uncle took photos of it when he was in Sweden twenty years ago. It is still red with white trim, and someone still uses it as a summer cabin. But I don't know where it is.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

enjenjo

Quote from: "Ornberg"
QuoteGlen also did a 48 a few years ago. He used a third generation Camaro rear, control arms, torque arm and all.
Enjeno
who is Glen?  Did he have a website? And, yes the Camaro clip have cross my mind but no decision so far. How will the Camaro clip line up with the Buick frame? Is it a close hit or is it a lot of fabrication?

Lynn
Nice to hear. I live in Smoland myself. :D  Do you know the place where your grandmother grew up?

The frame fits real close, near perfect for that matter. There is some work needed at the front for the core support and bumper brackets. I have a clip illustrated here  http://www.enjenjo.com/frameclip.html  It's a Chevy truck, but I used a similar method on the Buick. As far as I know, Glen does not have a web site, he is a member here though.

Ornberg

Frank (Am I right?)
I was looking at your frameclip site, very informative. I read about the optical illusion with the wheel opening and to move the wheels forward a 3/4".  Is this general or is it only 47 to 55 Chevy truck matter? I'm just curious, as I never heard about it before. And yes, a Camaroclip maybe the right way to go.

Per

enjenjo

Yes, it's Frank

The optical illusion is for most cars and trucks, some more than others. The Buick you have may not be as much, it has a rounder wheel opening, but it's a good idea to check how it looks before you do any cutting. Just block the car at the height you want it to end up, androll a tire into the wheel opening. Block the tire in the position that looks right, and compare that to the original centerline to see if it has to be moved. I usually mark the original centerline, and the new centerline on the floor so it's easy to measure the difference.

48builder

Quote from: "Ornberg"
Enjeno
who is Glen?  Did he have a website?

Per,

Glen's website is at www.hotrodsbyglen.com. You can follow the links the his Buick buildup. I think he recently sold it.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

Thanks Walt, I thought he had a site, but I couldn't find it.

Ornberg

QuotePer,

Glen's website is at www.hotrodsbyglen.com. You can follow the links the his Buick buildup. I think he recently sold it.

Hi Walt,
When I try to follow the link you wrote I'm just get to this site http://www.directnicparking.com/
Maybe some error just for now. I will try it later. Thanks.

Per

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Ornberg

Oh man!
That's a real nice Buick. Thanks for the link.

Per