New guy

Started by Ornberg, January 21, 2006, 04:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ornberg

New guy.
I like to introduce myself. My name is Per Ornberg from Sweden and I'm a real fan of Hot Rods and Custom cars. I was told about this forum from a guy on the SRS. And I hang around a while and really like what I see. I'm 48 years old and have own American cars whole my life and will continue to the bitter end :D   My current project is a 1941 Buick Special Sedanette with 327 Chevy and 350 turbotrans.

Per

Ornberg

Ops! I forget to show you my ride.

Per

Charlie Chops 1940

Welcome to our humble home. We look forward to sharing our knowledge back and forth.

Nice Buick.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

parklane

Welcome!! Nice set of wheels

John :D
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Glad you stopped by.....Nice car!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

Nice Buick. Welcome home  :lol:  

What do you have for a rear axle in that Buick? Rear suspension? Just curious, I have built several Buicks.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tom36

Wlcome!  Nice looking Buick.  I'm kind of partial to GM fastbacks myself.  Tom..

moparrodder

Hi Per!!  Welcome to the board!!  You have a sharp lookin Buick there. 8)   It looks like it cruzes very comfortable.  Keep up the good work, and again welcome!!!

Bill

Crosley.In.AZ

welcome to the RRT board.

good looking ride you have
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

sweet ride.  8)  8)

Welcome to the RRT

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Ornberg

Thanks for the kind words. And enjenjo asks about my rear suspension. Well I got a -77 caprice 10 bolt rear axle. From the beginning I use leaf spring from a 1975 Firebird and drive with that for a while but right now I'm in progress to reconstruct it with 4 link and air ride. And by the way I got it all cover at http://web.telia.com/~u47704801/

Per

48builder

Quote from: "Ornberg"Thanks for the kind words. And enjenjo asks about my rear suspension. Well I got a -77 caprice 10 bolt rear axle. From the beginning I use leaf spring from a 1975 Firebird and drive with that for a while but right now I'm in progress to reconstruct it with 4 link and air ride. And by the way I got it all cover at http://web.telia.com/~u47704801/

Per

Welcome!

That is really a cool car. I will be asking some inof since a friend of mine just started on a '48 Buick. He's looking to use a '96 Caprice with LT1 as a donor car.

I certainly agree with you that you can't be too careful about your fluid levels. Better to keep things topped off in that regard. :lol:

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Ornberg

QuoteI certainly agree with you that you can't be too careful about your fluid levels. Better to keep things topped off in that regard.

Yes Walt, thats for sure!

Per

enjenjo

I've done several 40 to 52 Buicks. Glen also did a 48 a few years ago. He used a third generation Camaro rear, control arms, torque arm and all. I have done several using late GM full size rears, using the lower control arms from the donor, and fabricating a torque arm to fit. I use the original Buick spring mounts, with a fabricated lower bucket, and 78 to 87 G body rear springs, along with the original Panhard bar. This drops the rear 3 to 4 inches, rides great, and you can use air bags instead of coils very easily.

A Camaro Clip is a nice fit in front.

One of the cars I did has over 50,000 miles on it since completion, without any problems.

I was just interested in how Per solved the problem. By the way, good web site Per!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

48builder

Quote from: "enjenjo"
A Camaro Clip is a nice fit in front.

\
Do you know how the '95 Caprice front compares in width with a Camaro?

I have told my friend about Glen's car, and printed out his rear install pages from his web site. He works for the local body shop, and the owner builds a lot of rods and customs, so I'm sure the car will turn out nice. He's getting the '95 Caprice for $400! Nice deal.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver