Kudos to McMaster-Carr

Started by seadog, January 13, 2006, 04:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadog

Lately I've purchased items for my Deuce 5 Window project from McMaster-Carr Industrial Supply.  The service and delivery times have always been a cut above.  Couple of days ago I ordered a tool for installing nut inserts.  When it arrived I went straight to work putting nutcerts in the frame to mount the electric fuel pump.  As I finished the second one the tool snapped off.  (I swear I didn't overtighten the nut).  Well I called McMaster-Carr the next day and their response was to simply say, "We'll ship another one out to you TODAY."  No questions asked, no haggeling, no BS...just we'll send you another one today.  They did ask that I return the broken tool, which I did this morning.  

I believe in giving credit when a company does something good.  In today's world it's all too seldom that you see this kind of customer friendly attitude.  Just wanted to pass this along...hat's off to McMaster-Carr.

Dave

Quote from: "seadog"Lately I've purchased items for my Deuce 5 Window project from McMaster-Carr Industrial Supply.  The service and delivery times have always been a cut above.  Couple of days ago I ordered a tool for installing nut inserts.  When it arrived I went straight to work putting nutcerts in the frame to mount the electric fuel pump.  As I finished the second one the tool snapped off.  (I swear I didn't overtighten the nut).  Well I called McMaster-Carr the next day and their response was to simply say, "We'll ship another one out to you TODAY."  No questions asked, no haggeling, no BS...just we'll send you another one today.  They did ask that I return the broken tool, which I did this morning.  

I believe in giving credit when a company does something good.  In today's world it's all too seldom that you see this kind of customer friendly attitude.  Just wanted to pass this along...hat's off to McMaster-Carr.

Its a great place and we at work used to say if they didnt have it it didnt exsist. BUT there are some items they dont have but others do.  All in all I like em and ive used em a lot. We buy tons of stuff from em at work. Look at thier rubber bumpers for trunk and hood stops then look at the trunk of my 32.  :lol:
Dave

Land Yacht

They are a great company. More( not all)  of their stuff seems to be made in the US than the stuff at hardware stores in my experience.
1965 Impala SS 283/250 -sold- :(
1977 Chevy Caprice -totaled 2005 :(

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2  Bacon Getter

Ed ke6bnl

Quote from: "Land Yacht"They are a great company. More( not all)  of their stuff seems to be made in the US than the stuff at hardware stores in my experience.

they sure do cater to the small guy, they researched a question on a valve and got back to me the little guy.  One part or piece no problem Ed ke6bnl
1948 F3, parts
1950 F1 SteetRod,
1949 F1 V8 flathead stocker
1948 F6 V8 SBC,
1953 Chevy 3100 AD pu future project& 85 s10 longbed for chassis
1972 Chopped El Camino daily driver
1968 Mustang Coupe
1998.5 Dodge 4x4 cummins 4door, 35"bfg,

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

blksheep

Thats just not fair,.........satisfying customers, full filling promises and standing behind your product!
It's just not fair.
How are less reputable companies suppose to compete with that??

Hats off to McMaster-Carr,......building success on customer satisfaction.
Now, imagine that!

blksheep...proud to be American...in Charlotte

fatkoop

I'm a manufacturing engineer by profession and I use McMaster-Carr a lot.  I can order parts this morning (in Denver) and usually have them in two days.  A little pricey on some items, but if you need it, and don't want to spend forever looking for it, they are a good source.  Lots of neat car/shop related stuff in there. They make it really easy to do business with them too. Other companies could learn from them.

48builder

Quote from: "seadog"Lately I've purchased items for my Deuce 5 Window project from McMaster-Carr Industrial Supply.  .

I just checked their web site out, and they sure have a lot of stuff. I need to buy some cutting discs, and they have the Type 1 and then a Type 41, which they claim lasts up to 3 times longer than Type 1. Anybody have experience with the Type 41? I usually use Sait 4x.035x3/8 at about $1.50 each. If the Type 41 even last twice as long they are a deal at $2.80. I wouldn't have to stop to change them as often either.

Thanks

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

Quote from: "enjenjo"Just sent in an order.

I received the order at 2 PM tuesday
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

I've only heard good things about them.
The little that I ordered was in stock
and shipped quickly at a reasonable price. :idea:

What great idea.Maybe it will catch on.

bowtietillidie

Here is a tip from a retired boilermaker.   Anyone living near a power generation station, boilermaker. pipefitter.     Make a friend of these people !
These people use large amounts of these wafer/cutoff wheels ask them to get you some cut off wheels . If they say they can't get them ask for used ones.   lots of the cut off wheels that are used are not ten percent worn out  
and are thrown away for one reason or another.     Also these are industrial grade wheels (top of the line )  :wink:  :)
BOWTIETILLIDIE