Henrob 2000 torch

Started by jdolivi, January 12, 2006, 08:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdolivi

Does anyone have experience using the Henrob 2000 torch and if so have they used it to cut steel and have they used it to weld aluminum? Thanks

enjenjo

I have one. Cuts steel like a plasma cutter. It welds very well too, aluminum, steel, or stainless.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jdolivi

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have one. Cuts steel like a plasma cutter. It welds very well too, aluminum, steel, or stainless.

Thanks for your input. I have a couple of more questions. Do you need an oxygen gauge reading less than 200 psi max to use the torch and is there much of a learning curve to weld aluminum. Thanks.

enjenjo

For the Henrob torch, you really should have a set of low pressure regulators.

The learning curve is a bit steep with aluminum, most peole use too much heat at first. That blows holes in the parts. Get some 3003 .125 or so to practice on first. The Henrob video has instructions for setting the flame.

Inprimer

Quote from: "enjenjo"For the Henrob torch, you really should have a set of low pressure regulators.

The learning curve is a bit steep with aluminum, most peole use too much heat at first. That blows holes in the parts. Get some 3003 .125 or so to practice on first. The Henrob video has instructions for setting the flame.
just remember that you need a blue lenz to weld alum.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Inprimer"
Quote from: "enjenjo"For the Henrob torch, you really should have a set of low pressure regulators.

Blue?

THe guys at my work place use the same helmet on every thing they weld
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Inprimer

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Inprimer"

Blue?

THe guys at my work place use the same helmet on every thing they weld
Tony, all I know is what a friend of mine told me that you need a special blue lens to weld alum I will see him  on Sat and ask why if you want to know

enjenjo

A blue lens helps you see the weld a little better, because of the flame color, but I weld with a green lens too.

Crosley.In.AZ

i should have mentioned they guys at work use green type lens.

I have used the gold plated / colored type lens. I like them a lot.

Currently I use the auto-dim lens when mig welding.  

I have a heli-arc that I am good at welding the tungsten to the base material, usually steel.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)