Saw this one on Saturday night at a cruise night

Started by alchevy, January 10, 2006, 12:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

ponchoguy

WOW!   A couple more weeks blocking mine and I can pull out the paint gun. Sure is surprising how much you miss before block sanding. Mine will be blue and white though. tried to attach a picture but haven't figured out how to do that yet.
Ed.

EMSjunkie

Love them  Tri-5's

Buddy of mine just finished his.
put about 1000 miles on it, now its smoking outta both banks, bad.  :(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

alchevy

There's going to be a car show of nothing but Tri-5's in my town, Vicksburg, MS on March 31-April 1. Go to www.bigriverclassics.com for more info. Click on Show & Shine.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Well...another month went by and I went back to the same cruise night on Feb 4. Did not take my camera with me...Murphy's Law struck again! Saw some sharp looking cars. It's a tale of three of them. One guy had just bought a '34 Chevy Sedan Del. just down the road. It's a project, but everything's there. He had it on his rollback as he had just picked it up. Going to be a fine car. Well he got a wrecker call and so he had to leave the cruise night. Next was a '50something T-Bird. This couple had just got at the auction. As the story goes, he was at the auction bidding on the car and she was watching the whole thing on tv. Anyway he stopped bidding and she called him on his cell phone and said keep going! Saw the car Saturday night. Next I saw a '46 Chevy Pickup come cruisin' in. I noticed who was driving it (a son of a friend of mine). So I asked him when did he get this one. He said that it was his Dad's. They had just met a guy from Pensacola halfway and got it that day. He turned 60 and bought his own present.

Next month I should have my camera with me! There were about 50something cars there. As the weather warms up this Spring, the cars should come out again in full force.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Ornberg

Hers another Tri-5 with a tire burning 547 stroker movie-clip. :D  :D  :D
http://www.hocky.se/site/index_hocky.asp

Per

reborn55

Al--might bring might 55 to the Bunny Run this year.  who knows.

alchevy

Quote from: "reborn55"55 to the Bunny Run this year.
Ken,
I was going to ask you what you would be in this year. I still need to register. I have flyers for it, just have not sent it in yet. That was a nice car show last year with over 500 cars. (http://www.vicksburgcruisers.com/bunnyrun.htm) What I saw of it without my car. I was impressed by the number of cars out of your state and others that I don't get to see very often. I am ready for Spring weather. January was just warm enough down here to make the flowers bloom that are supposed to bloom in March normally. Now February is cold. Today's high was this morning (about 67 degrees) but now it's dropping going towards 32 tonight. Got a rodeo parade on Saturday and the high is supposed to be 47 with a low of 29. One thing about it...won't have any radiators to overheat in this parade, they will run coooool.

We are doing a shop tour in the Jackson, MS area on the 18th of Feb. with a cruise night afterwards. After that, March is ful of car shows here and then comes April and the Bunny Run.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com