Good Guys Nashville ....................

Started by Dave, January 08, 2006, 05:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I know this was in an earlier post but sue and I and some friends are kinda planning the run down. Who is in the area and what about rooms :?:  We did the trip down about 5 years in a row on the motorcycle and its a lot of fun there . being that we havent been there in a long while we thought it would be fun
Dave

HOTRODSRJ

Nashville is one of my favorite destinations.  Lots to do downtown and I love live "honky-tonk" music there.  The talent is simply awesome at Legend's Corner, Roberts, The Stage etc.  Live music typically starts at 2pm to 2am....and it gets better as it gets later....and so do the women folk!  

My favorite Hotel is the Downtown Courtyard...because you can walk to the restaurants and bars...but the parking is poor....so for a car event I would recommend the airport Marriott (which is the host hotel and has a few rooms left but...$$).  Also, there is a Best Western downtown that is close to the action...a Hilton and a few other downtown hotels.

My other choices would be those located either at the airport (only 10 minute drive down I40) or on Elmspike on right off Briley Parkway.    

I am sure there are the "dive" places sprinkled throughout.

See you there.
STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK

HotRodLadyCrusr

Dave, it surprises me that you are chosing the GG Nashville show over the HotRodReunion the weekend before in Bowling Green, KY.  As much as you like racin and stuff I would have thought the HRR would be a don't miss event.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Dave, it surprises me that you are chosing the GG Nashville show over the HotRodReunion the weekend before in Bowling Green, KY.  As much as you like racin and stuff I would have thought the HRR would be a don't miss event.

Well We cant do it all  :(  And sue and i really like nashville so thats why were kinda leaning towards going there.  Id sure like to do Bowling Green but I didnt know the date .  I had a ball at indy but im not crazy about the layout there but the racing was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :lol: .
Ill have more time to think about what were really going to do after we get back from seeing the grand daughter in Puerto Rico the end of the month. I talked to the step son yesterday and we changed motels and saved at least 250.00 on the room. That helps. That also kinda screws up my vacation time also. Im not one to run to a warmer climate in the winter cause i enjoy my summer too much but when you got a baby girl that you havent seen in 6 months it gotta be done 8) .
By the way as for the other post Sue and I are looking towards saturday for Grand Rapids.  Lemme know what you guys got going and we will meet up with ya if your doing saturday too. I can be there in an hour and  1/2 from here adn I was at DeVoss Place last month so I know where it is.
Dave :!:

alchevy

Well, it's a few weeks away. I think I am going to be just a spectator this time and go in my HHR. Plan is to go up on Friday morning (June 23rd) and stay at Columbia, TN just South of Nashville, then go to the event Saturday morning.
If anyone is in the area the weekend before, a car club I am in (the Mississippi Street Rod Association) will be hosting a car show in Flowood, MS which is near Jackson, MS on June 16-17. For more info, see the site: www.ms-sra.org
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Bib_Overalls

I'm staying at the Airport Courtyard by Marriott.  Just around the corner from the host hotel.  Arriving Thursday.

I would have preferred the Hot Rod Reunion but rooms are unavailable.  And when ever I can I like to go to an event with distractions for my wife.  She is not a folding chair in the sun type of lady.

Nashville has the country music scene and she is big on that.  We also do the Delta River Cruising event in Tunica.  We don't gamble but there is good entertainment and she usually runs up to Memphis to shop Goldsmiths.  

This past weekend we stayed with friends on the lake at Hardy.  I did the Spring River Car Club show and, I scored a first.  Belinda rode up with a friend.  But she came home in the roadster.  Actually said she enjoyed it.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

pickmeup

Actually I just returned from Knoxville after F100 Supernationals and stayed at the marriot overnight.
They were veryaccomodating with the vehicles and was good hotel all round.
Hope that helps.

alchevy

It's this weekend!

I will be on the show grounds as a spectator, since I amd doing a few things on my '40, I'll cruise up there in the HHR. 30mpg. Should only need 2 tanks of gas for the whole trip.

Hmm, wonder if a 2.2 ltr 4cyl motor could pull a '40 Chevy 2-door Sedan down the road?? engine swap? have to wait until the warranty is up on the HHR. By then gas prices may be $5 bucks/gal.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com