After market breathers

Started by Topsterguy, January 07, 2006, 09:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

Okay, so Y'know those chrome after market twist in valve cover breathers with the foam inside them ? Can they be cleaned , as in the foam inside, and if so what's the best stuff to clean them with? Seems a waste to throw them away and buy new ones every couple of years!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

enjenjo

It's been my experience that after a couple years, the foam is mostly gone anyway.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pep

I was looking for breathers that plumb back into the air cleaner. Those foam filled ones end up leaving oil on the rocker cover. Anyone know who stocks them and do they ship internationally?
See Ya
Pep

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Pep"I was looking for breathers that plumb back into the air cleaner. Those foam filled ones end up leaving oil on the rocker cover. Anyone know who stocks them and do they ship internationally?

G'day, Pep!

I'm not sure which style you're looking for.  Check out:
http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?catcode=38103

Scroll down to the #68781 oil separator/breather with the hose nipple.

If this is what you are looking for, they are available under the Moroso or Mr.Gasket brands.  .....Many auto-parts stores and speed-parts vendors stock these in this part of the world.  

I don't KNOW, but I've been told the same design was used on Chrysler production cars of the 70's-80's era.

If you can't find something locally and need help from here, maybe I can help.  ...Feel free to ask!

~~~~Bruce
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Pep

Thanks mate....long time no hear......thanks for the tip...We may have them if that's the case. I will just plumb a hole in the air cleaner and run a short tube. Beats having oil film over my nice new engine :wink:
See Ya
Pep