Update on the 29A

Started by KustomLincolnLady, March 19, 2004, 08:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

Went to the shop the other nite and got a few more shots of the frame. Got the cross member in, motor mounts in, radiator sitting in shell, trailing arms to be mounted next week!!
:? I might actually have a car soon, lol
going to try my luck at posting pics, here goes!
Debb

58 Yeoman

Lookin' good, Debb. When I get a chance to get my frame out of the garage, I'll post pix of the 41,72,63,77 Poncho-Nova-Ford-Caddy. LOL.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

mrloboy

Hi Debb!

The "A" is looking great! As a chassis fabrication freak, I really like the work that I can see. The motor mounts are super, purty and look extra beefy!  What are the headlight buckets from? Nice change from the standard "King Bee". Of course, I like things a little on the different side!

I am sure you want to get cruising in the lil car soon.
Where are you going to store it, in the trunk of the Lincoln?  :lol:

rj

KustomLincolnLady

Rob says he doesn't know what the headlights are from!! LOL  (I didn't know he didn't know) Came with the stuff we got when we got the A. Maybe someone here will know.
I love those motor mounts, I think they are really neat too!
He's building the frame at a friends tool and die shop. Bob is the one he built (body and paint) the 32 pu for last yr. so now Bob is making all this stuff for the A, good deal!!!!!

:? In the trunk of the Lincoln, that was a good one  Rick, LMAO!!   :P
guess if we do that we could pull the little trailer I'm gonna need with the Lincoln  :lol:  Then we will have all 3 where ever we go.

Phil, do we need to have someone write you a song about that frame, lol
to bad Johnny Cash is gone, I think he's your man, lol

Fat Cat

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"Rob says he doesn't know what the headlights are from!! LOL  (I didn't know he didn't know) Came with the stuff we got when we got the A. Maybe someone here will know.

Looking good Debb. Do you have any photos of any markings on the light body itself. those would probably help the most.

nzsimon

motor mounts look sexy do they go all the way down the chassis on the inside as some oilcanning can occur if not
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

trackster

Looking good. I really like those motor mounts.  Nice to see some innovation for a change.  I'm curious as to what size square tubing was used for the cross member.  I want to do something similar in my '29 track roadster.  TIA
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

SKR8PN

SWEEEET !!!!! THAT, is gonna be one nice ride when those guys are done with it........
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "trackster"Looking good. I really like those motor mounts.  Nice to see some innovation for a change.  I'm curious as to what size square tubing was used for the cross member.  I want to do something similar in my '29 track roadster.  TIA

Rob said its 1 1/2 inch thick wall tubing.  

Simon he said to tell you the frame is boxed in so there won't be any oil canning.

Boy, I sure am learning a lot of new stuff on the build of this car!!! LOL its an all new lingo from the Lincoln and Pontiac.  :wink: