Flowmaster's?

Started by Mikej, December 28, 2005, 12:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk35

"Just her lips moving" Thats a Riot!!!!!

:D :D  :D

I'm pretty close.....I'll test it for you :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

ONE37TUDOR

I use the Huspower II's on a 61 ford Starliner with a stock 428 FE. This car has the mufflers at the very back of the car. I have large oval extensions to about 1" past the bumper. In this situation they are a little more quiet that I would like however they do have a very pleasant 60's mellow tone to them. The tone is great it just needs the volume turned up some. I think that if I had a little more motor with headers they would really be what I was looking for. People outside the car have commented that they has a very nice mellow sound.
I do still have a hard time getting over the cost of the darn things though?

Scott.
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

rooster

My son draged home a set of these flowmasters, Dont know what kind they are.  They come off a Mustang and have 2 1/4" OD pipe inlet & outlet! He wants to use they on his 49 chevy with a stock 305 engine. Will these kind make your ears ring? Anyone ID these?

rooster

My son draged home a set of these flowmasters, Dont know what kind they are.  They come off a Mustang and have 2 1/4" OD pipe inlet & outlet! He wants to use they on his 49 chevy with a stock 305 engine. Will these kind make your ears ring? Anyone ID these?

kb426

I think there is dimensions on the flowmaster website so you can compare and figure out what they are. Depending on which one they are, you may have a problem. My exp. has been that stock camshafts don't let out enough exhaust to be a problem.
TEAM SMART

rooster

Quote from: "kb426"I think there is dimensions on the flowmaster website so you can compare and figure out what they are. Depending on which one they are, you may have a problem. My exp. has been that stock camshafts don't let out enough exhaust to be a problem.

We looked couldent find any measurments !  We think they are 40 series #42443  !     Problem?  What kind of problem?  We dont need no stinkin problems!

Denny :roll:

Mikej

They are the 40 series Delta flow, 2 chambers. They are on the flowmaster web site.

rooster

Quote from: "Mikej"They are the 40 series Delta flow, 2 chambers. They are on the flowmaster web site.

I found them there to. But no mearsuements. From the look of the graft on the opening page they must be ear ringers.

My concern now is there a problem with what we have planned.  The plan includes a stock carbed 305 CI (150k) with LT1 exhaust manafolds 2 1/4"ID at the outlet , then piped to the flowmaster (2 1/4"), then out the back( 2"). This will be duel exhaust!

Mikej

If you go to their site . Find the 40 series Delta flows. Click on the muffler. It will take you to the section that has the dimensions. You can also click there to hear what the muffler sounds like. If you click twice you can have two cars at once.(sounds like a drag race)