Congrats to Phat Rat

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, December 23, 2005, 09:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

on your Rod and Custom feature!  Your '41 looks GREAT in all the pictures.  I especially like the smokey braking one.

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

phat rat

thanks Denise,  I think they did a great job on all the cars. The reporting of the run was good also. How'd you like the smokin tire ones Cory got? The one from the starting line and the one in the braking where the car is sideways with the wheels turned into the slide
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yeah, he took some very cool photos indeed.  I plan on printing the best from everyone for my scrapbook.  Will probley look like we did nothing but smoke the tires on all the cars all day long. :D

So, beside Cory and Jerry, did or will YOU have to replace your tires because of flat spots???  Inquiring minds wanna know??? :wink:

Happy Holidays bud!

phat rat

here's the one of the slide. Didn't flat spot them braking but sure scuffed the devil out of the edges from doing the slolam

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yep, thats a great shot.  
No damage to mine, but I know someone else who didn't want to be named, who did damage to their rear tires because of the slalom course.  It certainly was a rough day on the cars.

phat rat

I don't  baby the cpe, but it was a little rougher than I usually use it.

n.c.rodder

Jack, that picture of the coupe in the slide is soooo cool!!!!! 8)  That one is definitely a keeper :wink:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Bob K

Quote from: "phat rat"I don't  baby the cpe, but it was a little rougher than I usually use it.

Yeah Right!!!!

A LITTLE ROUGHER ????????

Can't find out where he mentions that we had to replace both fronts in Hemet CA the morning we went to * Deans shop.

Thanks for the oppertunity to ride along Jack, it was a blast. And also thank for letting me put a little wheel time in. That car handles, stops and is as fast as it looks.

He is sooooo modest (Jack).

He has not mentioned at all the comment that * Dean made after looking at the coupe for about 15 min. Bear in mind that this comment comes from a guy who has probably chopped more tops than anyone else in the country.

"That chop is beautiful, excatly the way I would have done it"

High praise indeed from the master.

Kudos to Jack and especially Charlie Chops.

Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

47-forvette

Quote from: "phat rat"here's the one of the slide. Didn't flat spot them braking but sure scuffed the devil out of the edges from doing the slolam
That was one of my favorites too.  When I grow up I want to go to work taking photos for a car magazine.  Wait a minute, I don't want to grow up.  

I think this pic is indicative of how much heart everyone put into driving their rods.  What a wild ride it was.
\\\\\\\"Zen @ 102 MPH\\\\\\\"

47-forvette

Quote from: "Bob K"
Quote from: "phat rat"I don't  baby the cpe, but it was a little rougher than I usually use it.

Yeah Right!!!!

A LITTLE ROUGHER ????????
B 8) B

Rougher Hell!!  He had Bob K riding with him for two weeks.  Now that's gotta be rough on a rod!
\\\\\\\"Zen @ 102 MPH\\\\\\\"

phat rat

Bob, Shhhhhh I was asked if I replaced tires from flatspotting them braking. I figured since it was more on sides that it was from the slalom. Skinny fronts just don't work that great in a heavy car for the slalom. Also thanks for the kudos  

Mike, Bob had a shot of that slide but from a bit different angle and I thought that one was cool until I saw this one of Corys'

Cory, Bob wasn't too bad. LOL

I'd just like to add my congrats for a job well done....It must have been a blast!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Sooooo, FOUR outta the seven contestants HAD to replace tires, THREE were so bad they had to be replaced before folks even got home.  I had a brake line that had to be replaced at the track and Jerry had to replaced a driveshaft carrier bearing the next day after testing.  Yep, it was certainly rough on the cars.

Jack, I would have assumed it was your REAR tires that got "scuffed".  How do you scuff front ones??

I've talked to Jim Shelton a couple of times on the phone since returning but I never thought about asking how is tires held up.  I'll call him next week and ask him just outta curiosity.  I wonder if bias ply tires hold up better to abuse in situations like we put our cars thru??

phat rat

Rear tires look fine. I'm only running a 185/75x15 on the frt for clearance that is a bit on the small side for what we were doing with the slalom, didn't help with the braking either. I've talked with a friend since I got home who used to slalom and he said that was not unusual at all. There's a lot of side action on the front tires when your pushing them like I was . Bob can attest to how the sides looked.

Crosley.In.AZ

Kool shots of the car / tire action.  Looks like daily traffic in AZ.....  :lol:

Congrats to all of the folks

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)