Hey Denise

Started by sirstude, December 20, 2005, 06:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

How did you let Rich tie you on Style Points?  Nobody has more style than you!!

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thank you for the compliment.  Rich was/is a very nice man.  Kevin Lee had nice things to say about each of us during the awards speech/cememony.  

I was just thrilled to be a part of it and actually "win" in the catorgories that meant the most to me.  Budget was a slam dunk and with alot of my California friends showing up at Pomona and supporting me, well People Choice was evident.  

I really think being friendly and outgoing to strangers had alot to do with it as well.  I shake peoples hands, look them in the eye, and smile.  I answered all questions that were posed to me as well.  I've worked hard on Big Olds over the last 4 years and when a guy would ask me a question about the car, and I answered it, they were "impressed" for lack of a better word.  Anyone who showed even MORE interest in Big Olds got the WHOLE story including a grand tour of all the body mods and exactly who did what.  I treat everyone like a friend, exactly how I want to be treated by them.  I'm happy to report I made many, many new friends during my 20 day Ego-Rama adventure and in my book thats what it's all about.

Again, thanks so much for the kind words, means alot to me.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dave

Denise see if you can arrange it so that next time they come down to Australia and cruise down here too! So who won what or is that still a secret?

Leon

We were glad we could make it down to Pomona to support you, it was great seeing you again.   Can't wait to get my copy of the magazine to see the coverage.

sirstude

Jim Shelton and his Deuce won.  Denise's dad's car sure stops!

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

HotRodLadyCrusr

Here is a photo I took of Jim and his roadster.  Jim was one of my favorite people on the trip.  We spent quite a bit of time together discussing other life things as well as hot rods.  Jim is a world traveler and talking about places we have both visited was a special treat.  I don't think I have ever meet anyone who has retained so much information.  His memory for dates, places, events, is remarkable.  

He is a fellow after my own heart.  He thinks nothing of hopping in his roadster and traveling across country to visit relatives on the eastern seaboard.  He was always quick with a smile, a kind word and a hug on the tour.  I know I made a lifelong friend in Jim Shelton.   I do miss him, sure wish he lived closer but I do know we'll be seeing each other in the near future.

Ego-Rama V couldn't have a better respresentitive

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

ram-rod

hi denise when its no longer a secret please drop in to ozrodders and let us all know

we'd love to see ya down there
and if you ever get this side ofd the pond we will make you very welcome
thats for sure
Dodge Brothers the Masochist\'s Marque
where pain and suffering is in a rusty art form   :(D)

hotrodbob

Just got the issie in the mail. Wish I could have made it to Pomona that night. Peoples choice for you is spot on!

You are a great lady with a cool car too!
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/