Good Guys coming to Nashville in 2006

Started by alchevy, December 15, 2005, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

I have been to the NSRA Nats in Louisville, but never to a Good Guys event. What all takes place at one of these? Since they have Nashville, TN on their schedule now, I plan on trying to go to that one. The only other one that has been close to me was Ft. Worth, TX.

Oh yeah, the dates for this event are June 23-25, 2006 at Titan Stadium.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Pretty much the same deal but with a wider variety of cars....not restricted to pre-49.They do their award selection a bit differently and your car doesn't have to be NSRA safety inspected to be considered.I do not like their system of punching the passes as you enter....really slows things down but other than that,enjoy them both equally.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

They don't punch passes any longer.  You have a ticket with three tear off portions at the bottom, one for each day.  You hold up your ticket as you enter and they tear off the appropiate day.

I also plan on checking out the Nashville show.  I really like the area.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

"You hold up your ticket as you enter and they tear off the appropriate day. "      Does this seem to speed up the process any or are the lines still really long?? Perhaps it was like that in Des Moines this year and my CRS is kicking in :roll:  Sounds like a good time but that is the same weekend as "The 50's" in Minneapolis......A "must do" for me every year.Maybe with this Goodguys event and an NSRA event in Colorado the same weekend,it will take a little pressure off the 50's....with over 11K cars last year,it's quickly outgrowing the Fairgrounds.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yes, Daryle, thats what they did at DesMoines :roll:   Perhaps Josh handled the tough ticket part for you that weekend. :lol:

I really, really have enjoyed the BTTF show in the past BUT your right the show has outgrown the fairgrounds and it's really nerve wracking to try to cruz around and even harder to try to find a place to park.  The funnist parts for me was hanging around all the RRT and HAMB folks and going to dinner with everyone.

I think your right about the GG and NSRA shows aleaving some congestion.  Will be interesting to watch and see.

In any event, you will see me at the NSRA in Springfield in May.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HOTRODSRJ

Quote from: "40chevy"I have been to the NSRA Nats in Louisville, but never to a Good Guys event. What all takes place at one of these? Since they have Nashville, TN on their schedule now, I plan on trying to go to that one. The only other one that has been close to me was Ft. Worth, TX.

Oh yeah, the dates for this event are June 23-25, 2006 at Titan Stadium.
AL

Better get crackin on rooms!  The downtown entertainment is excellent if you like live country music etal.  I go at least once a month...just to kick back.  World class music/entertainment

Best places to stay...... Courtyard By Marriott downtown and the Marriott at the Airport.  Others too, but nice places....and usually cheap...but GGs will screw that up!  I made reservations before they knew what hit them...hehehehehe!  $89...weekend special/day.

See you there.....
STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK

flamefink

Just got a registration form the other day in the mail... I'm thinking this will be our replacement for Blue Suede Cruise in Norwalk wich would normally be earlier in the month. Shouldn't have to find a room because we have family that live pretty close by, so its even more tempting since there won't be any added expense for rooms. Dad is excited because it's a 72 and older event and wants to get one of our 60's cars goin for this show. I guess we'll see what happens...

As for the ticket vs punching thing... it still seemed pretty congested at the gate. I'm still unclear on the reasoning why they want to stop you at the gate to punch a badge or tear a ticket and stamp your hand when you're in an already registered vehicle and have been on the fairgrounds already. It's so much easier just showing your badge and being waved in at an NSRA event... a lot less hassle, back up, and overheating at the gates. The A stayed nice and cool, but I can't say that for a lot of the more radically motored cars I saw lining the grass along the entrance.

Also trying to explain why todays section of your badge is missing because you left for lunch and came back really added to the excitement... not to mention them wanting to see that hand stamp that washed off when you washed your hands for lunch.
Do you need a tetanus shot to ride in that thing?

tomslik

Quote from: "40""You hold up your ticket as you enter and they tear off the appropriate day. "      Does this seem to speed up the process any or are the lines still really long?? Perhaps it was like that in Des Moines this year and my CRS is kicking in :roll:  Sounds like a good time but that is the same weekend as "The 50's" in Minneapolis......A "must do" for me every year.Maybe with this Goodguys event and an NSRA event in Colorado the same weekend,it will take a little pressure off the 50's....with over 11K cars last year,it's quickly outgrowing the Fairgrounds.

btw, GG's is june 2-4, 2006 in(kinda) Loveland(about 15 miles from me)
hell, i might even GO this year.....
if i get something running...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

That's quite a change for Goodguys....The previous event was at the Nascar track outside of Colorado Springs in September....Wonder what prompted the change?I really like the track cruise part of their events....What's the new set-up look like?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"

you? going to a sit & whine?

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

Quote from: "HOTRODSRJ"
Better get crackin on rooms!.......See you there.....

Yes, I have been looking at rooms. Thinking about getting several rooms, that I can turn loose if needed before the event. This way, if I get some of my buddies to go also, they can have a place to stay at. Because they may decide they can go when it gets close to the event dates. Got a couple of places in mind. I have been there before, when I waited too late to get a room and a friend had an extra one for me. Who knows...I may be able to pay that person back someday the same way.

Quote from: "flamefink"I'm thinking this will be our replacement for Blue Suede Cruise in Norwalk

There is another Blue Suede Cruise happening in Tupelo, MS May 5-7, 2006. In Elvis' hometown. I went there last May and there were around 500 cars. But this year, it's back on top of the NSRA Knoxville date. here's a link to the pictures I took:
http://www.ms-sra.org/msra/blue_suede_cruise.htm
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"

you? going to a sit & whine?

:lol:

maybe just to look around but for 15 bucks a head for spectacters!?!?!?!
well, at least they'll have Bud....and if i get bored i can shoot over to Thunder mtn harley or Hooters...
care to join me?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

btrc

RE: the Colorado Good Guys location.
 I believe that the NASCAR track near Colorado Springs has been closed down.  One of the two big track NASCAR track owners bought it and shut it down.  They are dismantling the bleachers and moving them somewhere else.
Bob

flamefink

Quote from: "40chevy"
Quote from: "HOTRODSRJ"
Better get crackin on rooms!.......See you there.....

Yes, I have been looking at rooms. Thinking about getting several rooms, that I can turn loose if needed before the event. This way, if I get some of my buddies to go also, they can have a place to stay at. Because they may decide they can go when it gets close to the event dates. Got a couple of places in mind. I have been there before, when I waited too late to get a room and a friend had an extra one for me. Who knows...I may be able to pay that person back someday the same way.

We were thinking the same thing, but a friend of mine already called a couple of places and when he tried to book more than one room they told him they have a block on multiple rooms. They said they had rooms open but he could only book one. Sounds like another organization I've experienced troubles with room limitations with.... ***cough***NSRA***cough***

Quote from: "40chevy"
Quote from: "flamefink"I'm thinking this will be our replacement for Blue Suede Cruise in Norwalk

There is another Blue Suede Cruise happening in Tupelo, MS May 5-7, 2006. In Elvis' hometown. I went there last May and there were around 500 cars. But this year, it's back on top of the NSRA Knoxville date. here's a link to the pictures I took:
http://www.ms-sra.org/msra/blue_suede_cruise.htm
AL

The Blue Suede Cruise here in Ohio hasn't been cancelled, just moved from June to July. The date has been moved because new sponsors have taken over... rumors are that PPG will be returning as a sponsor as well as Edelbrock and GM signing on for this year. The part that sucks is that its been moved back to the weekend before L'ville and we normally leave early on that Saturday. The show also might be a little bigger than we wanted it to get. This past year was a little over a thousand cars. If it gets any bigger it will be impossible to get into the staging lanes more than once a day and the friday dinner will probably be a no go for that many people :? .
Do you need a tetanus shot to ride in that thing?