Satellite Radio.....XM or Sirius ??

Started by 40, December 13, 2005, 08:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am thinking about subscribing to a satellite radio service.....Which one do you guys/gals prefer? Why? What equipment are you using?Thanks!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Crosley.In.AZ

I use the Roady2 for the XM service.  Roady2 is  cheap to purchase , XM issued a new design unit called XT ( I think?) similar to the Roady2

I am happy with XM.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

blksheep

Lokar right foot volume control manages the Ramjet 8 output stereo, with full lenght Hooker 3" collector amps, 2 1/5" stainless cables, that power up the Flowmaster 40 dual speakers...........

Sorry,.....just couldn't resist that........

blksheep..."WHAAAT??..I CAN'T HEAR YA"......in Charlotte

(My radio only fills the hole in the dash. No power/No speakers)

enjenjo

The car I am working on right now has a sirrus in it, and it works good. Nice variety of muic too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Quote from: "blksheep"Lokar right foot volume control manages the Ramjet 8 output stereo, with full lenght Hooker 3" collector amps, 2 1/5" stainless cables, that power up the Flowmaster 40 dual speakers...........

Sorry,.....just couldn't resist that........

blksheep..."WHAAAT??..I CAN'T HEAR YA"......in Charlotte

(My radio only fills the hole in the dash. No power/No speakers)

That's the tune I prefer to listen to in my hotrod as well....didn't even put a radio in the 36! I am thinking of tunes for the office and maybe my daily driver.

MikeC

I currently have XM and use the Roady2 by Delphi for my temporary hookups.  It wworks as well in the house hooked up to the stereo as well as the car.  I just saw that you could by one now from Circut City for $29.95 (I paid $50.).  Of xourse you need to add the $11 per month annua contract.
The new head unit for the 39 will also be XM ready from Pioneer.

btrc

Daryle,
  I've got XM in the '37 and it works well.  I'm a NASCAR junkie so I put it in to listen to the races on my way back from shows, etc.  It is also great out here in the middle of nowhere because we don't have any radio stations west of here.  The Delphi units seem to be the way to go, a lot better than spending the $200+ I had to spend to get a receiver to match my Sony radio.  I a little upset because starting in 2007 the races will be on Sirius, not XM.  At least I'll have 100+ other channels to listen to.

Bob
Bob

efingstein

I've subscribed to XM for about 2 yrs now and couldn't be happier. Granted they have taken away some of my favorite channels. A really good variety of shows and channels. I follow the behind the scenes and the industry pretty closely, and let's just say I'll be suprised if one company is still in business 2 yrs from now.
Every man should forcibly leave his steel toe boot print on the face of history.

Quote from: "efingstein"I've subscribed to XM for about 2 yrs now and couldn't be happier. Granted they have taken away some of my favorite channels. A really good variety of shows and channels. I follow the behind the scenes and the industry pretty closely, and let's just say I'll be suprised if one company is still in business 2 yrs from now.

Reading between the lines.....Am I getting that the Sirius service may not be available in the near future??I am leaning toward Sirius over XM mainly due to the Nascar coverage as Bob mentioned and also the fact that they carry BIG XII FOOTBALL  and XM covers the little 11 conferance.

efingstein

There's where people differ. I personally don't follow any sports, so, I'm not missing that. I know people who have sat radio just for sports. I do listen to music almost 24 hrs a day though. Just look at the channels, listen to a free trial (I know XM has one, not sure about Sirius), and pick which one you like the best.
Every man should forcibly leave his steel toe boot print on the face of history.

kb426

I have the Roady 2. I paid $9 after a rebate. My friend has serius. I think the serius jazz channels are better. Other than that, the roady is flawless. I think the decision should be about programing, not the equipment.
TEAM SMART

tom36

Quote from: "40"
Quote from: "efingstein"I've subscribed to XM for about 2 yrs now and couldn't be happier. Granted they have taken away some of my favorite channels. A really good variety of shows and channels. I follow the behind the scenes and the industry pretty closely, and let's just say I'll be suprised if one company is still in business 2 yrs from now.

If Sirius gets Howard Stern AND Nascar, I don't believe they would be the one going out of business.  Just my $.02.  Tom..

efingstein

Tom, Sirius has already missed their market projections for this quarter. The stock took a hard hit yeasterday. They are paying Stern $500 MILLION! They are really hoping that alot of Sterns fans follow him over. KB426 got it right though, pick the company you want by programming not by the equipment.

"They are paying Stern $500 MILLION!"......Is that number for real????

efingstein

I'm afraid so. Sirius is holding onto the very end of the fiscal rope and hoping it will stretch just a little bit more with Stern and NASCAR.