Just another Friday...er, make that Saturday

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, December 10, 2005, 03:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

I took my crippled, retired pal to the Dr. yesterday for a checkup on his ankle surgery. He's okay - well at least his ankle is healing. On the way back we stopped at my place for coffee and I presented him with the "Knee Scooter 2005 Mark 1" that I made for him. He's probably fell of it more than once by now.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

innovation in action. Just needs WWW and moon discs.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"innovation in action. Just needs WWW and moon discs.
Dont forget the cup errr beer holder.
Dave

Crosley.In.AZ

just what he needs is beer.

foot surgery , then on a new contraption using his knee he ain't used to yet...... pass the beer and get the video camera!

:arrow:  :wink:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

I should have made him sign a disclaimer...LOL Hell, he already looks drunk in that picture. Must be my coffee.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

kb426

TEAM SMART

phat46

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I took my crippled, retired pal to the Dr. yesterday for a checkup on his ankle surgery. He's okay - well at least his ankle is healing. On the way back we stopped at my place for coffee and I presented him with the "Knee Scooter 2005 Mark 1" that I made for him. He's probably fell of it more than once by now.

Ya know if you made another one for the other leg..... hooked up some steering.... found a little motor....... :roll:

blksheep

What??........No Billet?????

blksheep...pass the Mother's, please...in Charlotte

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I took my crippled, retired pal to the Dr. yesterday for a checkup on his ankle surgery. He's okay - well at least his ankle is healing. On the way back we stopped at my place for coffee and I presented him with the "Knee Scooter 2005 Mark 1" that I made for him. He's probably fell of it more than once by now.

Hope you boxed the rails on that go-cart...OBT's a pretty stout fellow...!! :D

I hear you have a little snow up your way...maybe a single ski mounted on the axles would help him get around outside... :D

It would look really cool with flat black to match his `34 and a Lavalee flame job on it... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

purplepickup

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
It would look really cool with flat black to match his `34 and a Lavalee flame job on it... :D
Oh Yeaah!....his flames are killer!

Ken...glad to see you're up on a leg and 4 little wheels. :wink:  Hope the surgery went well.  Charlie sure is nice to have around isn't he? :D
George

GPster

How many tries did it take for you to come up with that? If I had done it I would have used parts that I had laying around the shop before I would have invested in new parts for the finished product. First I would have use the casters off an old creeper but it would go sideways as fast as foreward. Then I would have the wheels of an old tool cabinet but would have broken one taking them off. That story about how stable a milking stool is only works if you're sitting on it. The higher the CG the wider the tread width and longer the wheelbase need to be. Before you go into production keep these things in mind. Where are you going to mount the airbags? And you will have to put a warning on it that children in car seats can't use it. I didn't notice any side impact reinforcement or roll bars. What about a roof? Or at least an umbrella stand (or wing). Going to Bonneville with that would be as uncomfortable as a track roadster. You didn't use Firestone tires on it did you? It looks like the Lincoln of the breed where ther is more (hot) air in the vehicle than there is in the tires. GPster                                                                                                  PS Your package will be on the way as soon as I find an empty box and enough styrafoam packing material to make it worthwhile (ask Horhey)

Ohio Blue Tip

Many thanks to my pal Charlie for the scooter.  A couple days before my surgery the Doc gave me a prescription for one of those carts.  I went to the store that handles them and found out that they were not covered by insurance.  They would sell me one for $500.00 and I could see they should be less than $50, so I took a brochure and took some wheels over to Charlie's, as I didn't have time to build one myself before the surgery.  We measured the picture and measured me.  Charlie did a fine job and it really works good to get around in the house.  Total cost was about $30, I'm on a fixed income ya know!
I feel really bad for the folks that get ripped for the $500 :cry: .  It sure is good to have friends. :D
I think it looks a little better than George's splint. :shock:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

slocrow

Nice job Charlie! Maybe an out rigger needs to be added for when the top heavy cook makes those hard rights. When he's through with it get it back, attach a basket and your grand daughter will have a sturdy baby carriage. Friends are good to have................
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Ken....Glad your ankle's doing OK....sounds like Charlie's taking good care of you! Is he doing your Chritmas shopping to?? :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Charlie Chops 1940

That cart was plan A Joe. Ken supplied the wheels and I sorta scaled the photo from the brochure he had. Made the two side identical and with a little help from an A-daptor kit....well, there it is. I don't think I'm gonna give the medical device people a lot of competition though.

Ken and I had coffee and donuts this morning and he claims that he hasn't fallen off it yet.  He didn't have any new parts in a splint or cast, at least that I could see.

He owes me big time!

Charlie

A Hooligan!