Started by 35WINDOW, December 06, 2005, 04:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"My wife is from Grand Island, so we come your direction quite a lot"
 Craig.....Where do you live currently? Give me a yell and stop by some time on your way thru....I'm real easy to find, the fridge is full and the heat's on in the shop!
  The 36 is built retro-style,very basic with Heidts IFS,Currie 9" hung with a Posie's kit,4W discs,GM crate 330hp H.O. running thru a stout TH350.Power steering/brakes but no heat/AC or power anything,and no stereo.I left the body completely original with the exception of shortening the tailight stands/bumper irons and removing the spare tire carrier.The cowl,rear window and windshield still function as original......should leak plenty of water in a good hard rain :P Look forward to meeting you somewhere down the road!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

35WINDOW

I live in Utah, but work in western Colorado. Would love to stop by-I have done business with Heinzman Street Rods in Phillips (great guys by the way).

Know what you mean about water leaks (worry about getting the hinged windshield to seal). Makes me sad, but I am ommiting the cowl vent  :cry: for a/c :) . Just bought a rear window regulator off of Ebay (man, those things are goin' high!).

Tell me, is your car all steel? I am getting ready for Fenders and such, and my search is now in the direction of Fiberglass, as I cannot find any good front Fenders. I am trying to find Rodders that have had experience with Fairlane, Wescotts' and J.B. Donaldson Fiberglass stuff.

Will look you up on the next trip through-

Craig

Craig...My 36 is an all steel car...In fact,it was a 40K original mile car that had been shown at AACA events around the country for years.It is the nicest,totally rust-free/damage-free body I have owned to date.Other than installing a * Floor/Firewall and removing the tire carrier,the extent of the body work was to "work out" a couple of small door dings.Steel fenders are getting harder and harder to find and when located are very expensive.If I were going to use glass fenders....They would be Wescott's....In my opinion,the best by far!I have used their rear fenders on a couple of cars in the past.....It's too bad you're not building a 37 as I have a complete set of extra Wescott fenders out in the shop.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

35WINDOW

Thanks for the replay. I have looked at the Wecotts', and they appear to be of good quality.

Wish I had a '37 too!

Craig