Last Monday

Started by Ohio Blue Tip, November 28, 2005, 10:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Well I guess this is my last Monday at work, finally. :D   I'm actually retiring Dec. 31, but Thursday is probably my last day to work, because I have foot surgery on Friday morning. :(   Not the way I wanted to end my carrier.  The Doc says I will be layed up about 8 weeks, bummer. :cry:   I've got a lot of work to do on the 34, hope I'm able to get done by spring.  I guess I can still use the computer by typing with one foot, :lol:  so you'll still have to put up with me.  On the good side, I'll have a lot of thinking and planning time on what to build and where to travel come summer.

Hell ya what they said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don Colliau

purplepickup

It's been a long time comming, eh?  Enjoy it Ken you've earned it. :b-d:
Me...I'm gonna work til I'm a hundred, I like it so much.  Ya, right! If I hear the words "Lean", "Kaizen event" and  "value stream mapping" one more time I'll go nuts and be right behind ya. :0-0

Hey I just remembered....I've still got a splint left over from my foot surgery that I'll sell cheap.  :wink:

George

phat rat

Quote from: "purplepickup"

Hey I just remembered....I've still got a splint left over from my foot surgery that I'll sell cheap.  :wink:

Boy that's a real fashion statement, might be able too get Kenny to go big bucks on one that nice :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "purplepickup"Hey I just remembered....I've still got a splint left over from my foot surgery that I'll sell cheap.  :wink:

Where'd you have the operation done? Home Depot? :lol:  :lol:
I'd hate to see what you'd come up with if it was neck surgery... :shock:  :D  :D  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

purplepickup

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Where'd you have the operation done? Home Depot? :lol:  :lol:
I'd hate to see what you'd come up with if it was neck surgery... :shock:  :D  :D  :D
Whutduya mean "Where'd I have the surgery done?"  It was only a bone spur.  I did it myself. :shock: Once I got thru the skin, all it took was a sharp whack on a chisel and it popped right off.  I prolly should have used a sharp chisel tho.  It took a couple of whacks.   :roll:  

.....just doing my part to keep insurance rates down. :D
George

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Where'd you have the operation done? Home Depot? :lol:  :lol:
Whutduya mean "Where'd I have the surgery done?"  It was only a bone spur.  I did it myself. :shock: Once I got thru the skin, all it took was a sharp whack on a chisel and it popped right off.  I prolly should have used a sharp chisel tho.  It took a couple of whacks.   :roll:  

Ya, I thought about doing my own surgery, but I'm not as tough as George. :oops:  
The surgeon did send me to get this little cart I could put my knee on and roll around with to get some relief from the crutches.  However insurance won't pay and the darn thing cost $500.00, :x  so because I'm running out of time I contracted ole Charlie (retired) :lol:  to stick one together for me.  I had some wheels and some foam, Charlie is going to find some tubing and put one together for me, should cost about $12.95, except the labor cost my be really high. :roll:  If it works out I'll post a picture later, should look better than George's splint.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

purplepickup

If last Monday was your last Monday at work, this must be your first weekend of retirement.  Congratulations Ken and may your life be one long weekend from now on.  Enjoy :D
George

enjenjo

The down side of retirement, you can't get a day off.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

SKR8PN

........the only reason ya done it like that was because you LIKE the liquid anesthetic :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Bob K

Quote from: "enjenjo"The down side of retirement, you can't get a day off.

Yeah, but the biggest problem about having NOTHING TO DO is !!!!!!

How do you know when you are DONE ????????????

B :?: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

phat rat

Quote from: "Bob K"
Quote from: "enjenjo"The down side of retirement, you can't get a day off.

Yeah, but the biggest problem about having NOTHING TO DO is !!!!!!

How do you know when you are DONE ????????????

B :?: B

If you don't start  you don't have too worry about whether or not you're done
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.