Last Monday

Started by Ohio Blue Tip, November 28, 2005, 10:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

Well I guess this is my last Monday at work, finally. :D   I'm actually retiring Dec. 31, but Thursday is probably my last day to work, because I have foot surgery on Friday morning. :(   Not the way I wanted to end my carrier.  The Doc says I will be layed up about 8 weeks, bummer. :cry:   I've got a lot of work to do on the 34, hope I'm able to get done by spring.  I guess I can still use the computer by typing with one foot, :lol:  so you'll still have to put up with me.  On the good side, I'll have a lot of thinking and planning time on what to build and where to travel come summer.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Normspeed

Wow, last Monday at work.  What a great feeling that's gotta be. Hmmm, you can mark June on your calendar for the L.A. Roadsters and El Mirage.

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "Normspeed"Wow, last Monday at work.  What a great feeling that's gotta be. Hmmm, you can mark June on your calendar for the L.A. Roadsters and El Mirage.

Me and Charlie Chops have discussed going to the LA Roadster show in 06. :shock:   Maybe, if we go, we well be driving in the rod's. :D
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

WZ JUNK

Take care.  Do what the doctors say.  You will have plenty of time to work on the car after you recover.  Summer will be here and you will be ready to go.  You and George must have this foot/ankle thing.  Maybe it is the Michigan weather that is so hard on you guys.

Keep in touch.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thats GREAT Ken!  I'm so happy for you.  I can't wait till I'm that old and can retire :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Congratulations! Good luck with the foot surgery.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"The Doc says I will be layed up about 8 weeks, bummer. :cry:.

Maybe you can brush up on your poker playing skills :wink:

As for retirement - I'll have a beer on you tonight :b-d:
Till we meet - On the street

phat46

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Well I guess this is my last Monday at work, finally. :D   I'm actually retiring Dec. 31, but Thursday is probably my last day to work, because I have foot surgery on Friday morning. :(   Not the way I wanted to end my carrier.  The Doc says I will be layed up about 8 weeks, bummer. :cry:   I've got a lot of work to do on the 34, hope I'm able to get done by spring.  I guess I can still use the computer by typing with one foot, :lol:  so you'll still have to put up with me.  On the good side, I'll have a lot of thinking and planning time on what to build and where to travel come summer.

Kind of a good news-bad news thing huh? Just remember the foot surgery is temporary but the retirement is permanent!!!  :lol:  Good luck Ken

Grandadeo

As a good friend just pointed out to me, I have just re-retired.  Been retired for two years and got called back for a few months because they were short handed.  Last night was my last night.  So today I got back into retirement and spent the day at the body shop cleaning and sandblasting parts for my panel truck.  As for LA in June, there will be at least two of us from the FLA Roadsters driving out.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Charlie Chops 1940

He hasn't worked much on Mondays - or any other day - for as long as I can remember - LOL. Now they'll find out.....

Ken, we better have a beer about Wednesday evening so that you'll be alcohol free by Friday. And the I'll have one Thursday night...just cuz.

I'm counting for ya.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

1FATGMC

Hey Ken good luck with the foot and I know you have been looking forward to the retirement thing.  

I see Soc Sec. checks starting in the spring, but no retirement in the outlook :cry: .  Of course I don't work too hard at work either  :D .

From the picture with your post I hope Blanding and B'ville are in your plans for next year.  Also if you go to the LA Roadster show you had better plan a couple days here going or coming.  With a good foot there are still lots of places to go and see.

c ya, Sum

Dave

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Well I guess this is my last Monday at work, finally. :D   I'm actually retiring Dec. 31, but Thursday is probably my last day to work, because I have foot surgery on Friday morning. :(   Not the way I wanted to end my carrier.  The Doc says I will be layed up about 8 weeks, bummer. :cry:   I've got a lot of work to do on the 34, hope I'm able to get done by spring.  I guess I can still use the computer by typing with one foot, :lol:  so you'll still have to put up with me.  On the good side, I'll have a lot of thinking and planning time on what to build and where to travel come summer.

Congrats Kenny and take care of that foot
Dave

Rayvyn

Oh Oh. Last Monday on the job. You know what they say about buying stuff made on a Monday or Friday... :shock:  :D

Better off getting the paw fixed now. There's a lot of standing to be done behind that barbeque after March, so the foot has to heal up by then. Otherwise you'll be needing a swivel lifeguard type chair with a footrest and cupholder... :D  :D  :D

PS..did you tell the Doc you'd pay him after your brother straightened up?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Congrats Ken, wish I was there  but I've got 3 months to go, I think!
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

34ford

Hope all goes well with both the retirement and the surgery Ken. Take care of the foot cause you'll need it to drive that hot rod.

bob