opinions needed

Started by phat rat, November 20, 2005, 05:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Would those who know me or just know my car do me a favor? There are two items on E-bay that I would appreciate your opinion on. Are these drawings my car or is it my imagination? The guy claims the original was done for the owner. I never had them done and I believe that this is my car. I sent the guy a note but haven't heard back yet.  The #'s are 4592202425 and 4592202578
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat rat

It's my car just got an e-mail from the seller. She had already called the artist and verified that it was a pic that inspired him to do the drawing. They asked for my name and addy so they could send me a print.

"Send me a print"....How about a royalty check :wink:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat rat

Quote from: "40""Send me a print"....How about a royalty check :wink:

That would be nice but probably wouldn't happen. So I'll be content to hang the drawings in the garage and revel in the fact that it inspired an artist.  :lol:  :lol:

Jack...At least get him to do an "artist proof".....usually there's enough room that the artist will often times do a sketch at the bottom...perhaps something like your car in front of an old filling station....threaten him with a lawsuit :wink:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Crosley.In.AZ

yep , your car.

hang the prints on the wall and make up a story or 2 on how they happened

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

Quote from: "Crosley"yep , your car.

hang the prints on the wall and make up a story or 2 on how they happened

8)

Just seeing them on E-bay less than an hour after they were put there was something.

Bob K

Now the real test is to see if there are any big bids.

B :roll: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

phat rat

Quote from: "Bob K"Now the real test is to see if there are any big bids.

B :roll: B

probably not, because people are watching

n.c.rodder

Thats interesting Jack,
I like how the listing reads - The drawing was made with owner approval -but you didn't know anything about it??

Things that make you go "HMMM"

Did he ever say where he saw the car? In person? or in a magazine?

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

phat rat

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"Thats interesting Jack,
I like how the listing reads - The drawing was made with owner approval -but you didn't know anything about it??

Things that make you go "HMMM"

Did he ever say where he saw the car? In person? or in a magazine?

Mike

Didn't ask that question. But from looking at the drawings and comparing them with the pictures that were in Street Rodder magazine 4-pack I think that's where he saw it. At first I thought one was from the Nov.99 issue but on closer inspection I see they were both from the Jan. 01 issue. Anyway I think of it as a compliment, how many can say an artist liked their car well enough to do a drawing of it without being paid to do it. I realize if he sells prints he's making money but he did it because he liked the car to begin with.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'm not very Ebay savy.  Can someone post the direct link please. 8)
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Bob K

What the heck is that all about, it works but I have never seen a link that long before.

B :( B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Carps

Quote from: "phat rat"Anyway I think of it as a compliment, how many can say an artist liked their car well enough to do a drawing of it without being paid to do it. I realize if he sells prints he's making money but he did it because he liked the car to begin with.

You want my opinion?  

I think that's a healthy attitude and you should rightfully be proud that your car has inspired one or more people, such as the artist and whoever purchases the work.

It annoys me that many people simply want money for nothing.  If someone earns a living from having people produce and sell images of their car, then fine, it's a different story.  But really, how many folks do you know can make a living from that?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.