Looking for someone who makes Deuce frames

Started by SRS, November 19, 2005, 12:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRS

Hello,

I am looking for a supplier for '32 Roadster Frames. I would prefer someone fairly close to us. We are in NE Ohio. I am pretty close to Lobeck's/Just-a-Hobby shop, but I figured I would ask if anyone can supply them us. We plan to debut our own fiberglass body soon and would like to offer cars as rollers as well.

Thanks for your time,

Rich

//www.StreetrodStuff.com
Rich

enjenjo

You looking for complete frames, or just rails?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

SRS

Quote from: "enjenjo"You looking for complete frames, or just rails?

It depends I guess on price and quality. In a perfect scenario we can get frames at a good price fully assembled, but we have thought of making a jig and assembling them for ourselves.

Let me know if you have any info either way....
Rich

enjenjo

Most are using rails from ASC if they are building their own frames. I think there are some rails being imported from Austraila too. If you want assembled frames, you might check with Kenny's rod shop, he is in your neck of the woods. no reflection on Lobecks, his frames are a bit higher priced, but he can get it because of his reputation.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bib_Overalls

Assembled frames are expensive to ship.  So a local supplier is advantagious.

I think I would start by calling ASC (662) 895-5300/5320) and asking them if they can recommend a chassis fabricator in your area.  There are a number of folks around the country assembling chassis in small shops that advertise by word of mouth.  You could get lucky.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

flamefink

I deffinately would have to side with Enjenjo on this one. ASC makes a really nice set of rails if you're interested in assembling them yourself. I'm not sure if you plan on developing your own cross member set up but I do believe ASC also offers a center cross member kit as well as boxing plates.

We're working on our second car built on ASC rails and still have yet to have the slightest problem. The first was jigged and assemled at Lobecks for a really reasonable price, and the second was jigged and assembled by a local chassis builder. If it would have been my choice, they both would have been jigged and assembled at Lobecks.

You may also want to look into the new rails from Hot Rods and Horsepower. I haven't heard any reviews on them, but I've seen quite a few cars built on them. The only thing I've really heard they have a pretty long waiting list.

Although I've never dealt with him on a customer level, I've heard Kenny's Rod Shop also supplies a nice chassis. In both cases of the two shops, I would suggest to approach them both and see what you could work out  with either of shop.

Not to give preference but in the past I've had nothing but good experiences as well as good prices on everything I've bought from Lobeck.
Do you need a tetanus shot to ride in that thing?

SRS

Quote from: "flamefink"We're working on our second car built on ASC rails and still have yet to have the slightest problem. The first was jigged and assemled at Lobecks for a really reasonable price, and the second was jigged and assembled by a local chassis builder. If it would have been my choice, they both would have been jigged and assembled at Lobecks.

Not to give preference but in the past I've had nothing but good experiences as well as good prices on everything I've bought from Lobeck.

Good advice..... I have called ASC and their prices are decect, but you still need to buid a jig and develop your own cross member to make it worth your while. We will probably got to Lobeck's mainly because there is no Truck Frieght involved like ordering the rails from ASC & the fact that the stuff is nice quality.

I found a guy in your neighborhood that builds a nice chassis, but won't sell just the rails boxed or un-boxed???
Rich

HotRodLadyCrusr

If you are looking to pick up just frame rails I can get my hands on 4 sets of Dearborn ones like tomorrow,  $700 set picked up in Livonia, Michigan
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dave

Quote from: "SRS"Hello,

I am looking for a supplier for '32 Roadster Frames. I would prefer someone fairly close to us. We are in NE Ohio. I am pretty close to Lobeck's/Just-a-Hobby shop, but I figured I would ask if anyone can supply them us. We plan to debut our own fiberglass body soon and would like to offer cars as rollers as well.

Thanks for your time,

Rich

//www.StreetrodStuff.com

I bought a roller from street rods by michael. Nice frame and very little work to get it ready for paint. In fact the body wat a lot more work. I believe he uses asc rails and every thing is jig and if im correct tig welded..He has a web site. and he is in shelbyville tennessee.
Dave

SRS

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"If you are looking to pick up just frame rails I can get my hands on 4 sets of Dearborn ones like tomorrow,  $700 set picked up in Livonia, Michigan

These are just the rails correct..... not boxed.

Thanks,

Rich
Rich

HotRodLadyCrusr

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.