My Boy needs a part.

Started by 48ford, November 03, 2005, 10:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

Hi,
Tim has a 5 speed out of a 1989 mustang and he needs a new tail housing.
I have not seen it but he told me that the u joint let go the drive shaft hit the ground and cracked the tranny on the way up.
Any one got one to sell?
Thanks Russ&Irene

river1

is that a T5?

if you lurk on the flathead areas of the net a common swap is a T5 behind a flathead. the S10 T5 tailhousing has the shifter in the right spot, so if they use a mustang T5 they swap out the mustang for a S10 and like most car guys prolly has the mustang tail hanging around the shop. don't know when they started T5s in mustangs so can't help you there but it's a possibility for you.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

GPster

Quote from: "48ford"I have not seen it but he told me that the u joint let go the drive shaft hit the ground and cracked the tranny on the way up.Russ&Irene
To brake a tranny with a broken driveshaft he must have lost the back joint while in reverse. Did you ask him what he was in such a hurry to get away from? GPster

48ford

To brake a tranny with a broken driveshaft he must have lost the back joint while in reverse. Did you ask him what he was in such a hurry to get away from? GPster[/quote]

GPster,
 some times it's best not to know
I still see my dad looking over the fender of one of my first beaters and all he had to say was"gets expensive don't it".  I will never forget that night and it was a long time ago.Seems like yesterday.
Russ&Irene

48ford

Quote from: "river1"is that a T5?

if you lurk on the flathead areas of the net a common swap is a T5 behind a flathead. the S10 T5 tailhousing has the shifter in the right spot, so if they use a mustang T5 they swap out the mustang for a S10 and like most car guys prolly has the mustang tail hanging around the shop. don't know when they started T5s in mustangs so can't help you there but it's a possibility for you.

later jim
Thanks jim,
I will let him hunt one down.
Russ&Irene