1979 corvette paint formula

Started by wchappo, October 29, 2005, 03:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wchappo

Hi,would any paint wizards,be able to help me with the paint mix formula (acrylic)for Corvette red code on car says 72 L,checked with dupont australia sent me around on a goose(me)chase,eventually had it checked on spectrograph,best they could come up with was a "bloody nissan colour"  :? thanks for your help in advance Wayne

MrMopar64

Quote from: "wchappo"Hi,would any paint wizards,be able to help me with the paint mix formula (acrylic)for Corvette red code on car says 72 L,checked with dupont australia sent me around on a goose(me)chase,eventually had it checked on spectrograph,best they could come up with was a "bloody nissan colour"  :? thanks for your help in advance Wayne

You might try here.....

http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/scripts/depot.exe?pgm=aclgate.bbx&custnum=WEB-CUST++&password=&sesid=1029174425

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

wchappo

MM64,thanks for that,i found that site through a net search but couldn't find any info,what i have to do is get  the formula & then try to convert to our system,dupont found a #gm4998,but haven't been able to find it anywhere,will just have to get close then match by eye Thanks for the help Wayne

MrMopar64

You might try calling them (858) 909-2110 8 am to 5 pm, Monday thru Friday, Pacific Time.
They've always been real helpful when I've called..... So far they've always had the answer
Also here is the web address to their home page www.autobodydepot.net

Good Luck
MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

wchappo

MM64,thanks again will try contacting them,the problem is it is illegal to import paint to australia without the correct facilities,will see if they will give me a formula Thanks Wayne

model a vette

You might try:
http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/formula/car_finder.cfm

That's Sherwin Wiliams and it looks like they have a formula lookup as part of the site.
Your "72L" comes up there as an Opel color which may be correct for a car in OZ.
Ed

wchappo

Model A Vette,thanks for that will give them a try,am chasing up a company out here who converts vettes he might be able to give me some info,thanks for your help Wayne