Don't miss Monster Garage tonight....

Started by Sean, March 15, 2004, 10:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Best one I have seen yet. I don't remember all their names, but Gene Winfield, Fat Jack Robinson, Bill Hines, and several other Old Timers do a great job on a '54 Chevy. Sectioned, Chopped, Leadwork, etc...

HotRodLadyCrusr

This episode will go down in hot rod histroy for sure.  The best ever Monster Garage.

* Dean, custom-car builder, San Jacinto, Calif.
Norm Grabowski, father of the T-bucket, Lead Hill, Ark.
Bill Hines, custom-car builder, Garden Grove, Calif.
Mike Hines, automotive sales manager, Yorba Linda, Calif.
Fat Jack, custom-car builder, Lake Elsinore, Calif.
John Robinson Jr., crane mechanic, Long Beach, Calif.
Gene Winfield, custom-car builder, Mojave, Calif.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

They could do this every week as far as I am concerned.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Broman

Quote from: "enjenjo"They could do this every week as far as I am concerned.

And they should...

In fact I suggest the folks here on this board go to the website and tell them this. Unless you enjoy the same old crap they push...

http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations

Let 'em know this (episode 39) was the best show you've ever seen.....or something like that.

HOTRODSRJ

I had heard about this episode......thanks for the headsup!  I hung on every minute........great show and great people.

The leading sure was interesting to say the least.
STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK

Rochie

I just sat there in  AWE.  I think Jesse got some "schoolin'" from the group.  I  agree with all the comments about contacting the network or better yet the producers to let them know what we think and why they should do more shows just like this one instead of building some other useless piece of crap.
Rochie

buffalo bob

Now that was a good show!  The very first Monster Garage show that was waaay too short.  Like mentioned before, shoul of been 3 hours.

Sean

Quote from: "Crosley"It was great to see the pompous  Jesse humbled around the rodding greatness that was on that show.

I think Jessie's attitude is a product of too much success. On that very first show Discovery did on him several years ago, he didn't act quite so arrogant. The more famous he gets, the worse he gets. Or it seems that way...

Thats the first time I had ever seen Leadwork actually being done. I know an older guy here in town that was a bodyman back in the 50's. He explained it to me once, but he used wooden paddles and a leather glove. Looked like Hines was using some kind of metal spoon shaped thing.

I have to admit though, Winfield and Fat Jack were the only two I recognized(I never got into customs). I loved that Orange Coupe Jack built, he even made it to the first Nostalgia Drags at M.A.R. in Wentzville back in the mid 80's. Didn't that car end up in a ball at the end of a Drag Strip? I know I haven't seen it in a long time.

purplepickup

I missed it but I see it will be on again Friday evening at 6PM.
George

48ford

Quote from: "Sean"Best one I have seen yet. I don't remember all their names, but Gene Winfield, Fat Jack Robinson, Bill Hines, and several other Old Timers do a great job on a '54 Chevy. Sectioned, Chopped, Leadwork, etc...

Just WOW,
It was way to short,I wish I would have taped it,but I will Friday night.
Best one they did so far.
My son Tim got an education watching that show.
Russ&Irene

river1

i stayed up till 2:00am to watch it, it was well worth it, i'm going to watch it again sunday afternoon. i agree that it could have been three hours easy. they did alot to the car they didn't show, like smoothing the firewall, frenching the taillights and custom grill.
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

nzsimon

the one last night was a bunch of odd girls making a demolition car lost interest in seconds
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true