American Hot Rod Reunion at MOKAN

Started by WZ JUNK, October 23, 2005, 07:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Today was the rain date make up for the American Hot Rod Reunion race at the local drag strip, MOKAN.  It was a cold windy day.  I think it may have warmed up to 50 at one time but it was mostly cloudy with a 15-20 MPH wind out of the north.  I am not ready for winter.  Hooley won the streetrod shootout and I placed a distant third.  The score is now Hooley the winner twice and I have won 4 times.  We had a lot of fun and now it is time to put our toys away for the winter and start building stuff.

As a side note, 3 of the HAMB Diggers showed up.   Ted McCord from Tulsa with a flathead won.  I think he was running about 13.4 to 13.7 in the quarter today.  All of the passes for this class were very close.  More of these cars will be running next year as there is a lot of interest.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

DanO

Hey John, it sounds like it was a fun day in spite of the cooler weather. I wish I could have been there. My son was home on leave and we spent the weekend with him (hadn't seen him for two years)!

HotRodLadyCrusr

It does sound like it was fun dispite the chilly weather.  Congrats to Hooley and yourself.  Did you happen to take any photos?  How about posting some if you did.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"It does sound like it was fun dispite the chilly weather.  Congrats to Hooley and yourself.  Did you happen to take any photos?  How about posting some if you did.

Jim Marlett will have some pictures up on his site in a few days.  At  http://flatheaddrag.com/   He takes some great shots and he has some from the HAMB Drags on his site also.  I am really glad he takes the time to come to MOKAN for our events.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

HotRodLadyCrusr

Jim's site is one of my favorites and one I check out often.  I should have figured he was there.  I'll check in a few days.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

DanO

John, did Bill and the guys from Gravett make it back up?

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "DanO"John, did Bill and the guys from Gravett make it back up?
Bill was there and ran his 32 with us in the street rod shootout but the fellow with the flathead rail did not show.  Bill and I visited a lot.  I am going to his shop later in the week.  He is going to school me on the English Wheel and other things.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck