WHICH IS OLDER AND HAS MORE PATINA??

Started by 47-forvette, October 15, 2005, 08:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47-forvette

Which has more patina, Don Dillard's roadster or BoB K after 10 days on the road at the NHRA Cruise Night during the Ego-Rama?
\\\\\\\"Zen @ 102 MPH\\\\\\\"

enjenjo

Bob definitely, but the 32 is in much better shape.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

All I see is a smiling gnome

:arrow:   :arrow:  :wink:   :wink:   :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Yeah, they both have just the right amount of patina but neither one is too old to have fun.  You notice Bob has a big firm headlight in one hand and a beer in the other :shock:  And the roadster just begs to be fondled....well actually, so does Bob.  They both have that look that makes you want to touch them to make sure they're real.  I had a hard time believing in gnomes until I met Bob. :wink:
George

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "purplepickup"They both have that look that makes you want to touch them to make sure they're real.  

:-o   :shock:   :?   :?:
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Crosley.In.AZ

I ain't touchin nuttin.  

ol Bob knows how to have fun.

:!:
Tony

phat rat

ol Bob knows how to have fun.

That he does, I couldn't have had a better travel partner
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bob K

Quote from: "phat rat"ol Bob knows how to have fun.

That he does, I couldn't have had a better travel partner

OH OH !!   Now it's gonna get deep.

Seriously though, Jack is easy to travel with. If you beg and plead and whine a lot, he may even let you drive his car. I got to drive it for a couple of hundred miles only. It is a real fine ride, handles great, stops real good and goes like snot.

Had a great time Jack, thanks for asking me to go along.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

phat rat

He took pity on me and sent me an atlas with wire binding rather than the stapled kind I had.  I did let him drive, not because he whined and pleaded, but because he can NAG real good. LOL
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat rat"He took pity on me and sent me an atlas with wire binding rather than the stapled kind I had.  I did let him drive, not because he whined and pleaded, but because he can NAG real good. LOL

oh boy ....... a  fellow that  nags!

8)
Tony

HotRodLadyCrusr

That photo is GREAT!  and the caption even better!

Cory, it was wonderful to finally meet you in person.  Your wife is AWESOME.  My family enjoyed spending time with the both of you.  Sitting down together over dinner that one nite and getting to know each other was one of the highlites of the trip cuz it's all about the people for me.  Without giving away too much info, your '47's nimble-ness was a pleasent surprise and a real pleasure to watch, not only at California Speedway, but during the whole 7 day roadtrip.  I sure hope our paths cross again in the future.  I have plenty of room here at the house.  You and Judy are welcome anytime.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

47-forvette

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"That photo is GREAT!  and the caption even better!

Cory, it was wonderful to finally meet you in person.  Your wife is AWESOME.  My family enjoyed spending time with the both of you.  Sitting down together over dinner that one nite and getting to know each other was one of the highlites of the trip cuz it's all about the people for me.  Without giving away too much info, your '47's nimble-ness was a pleasent surprise and a real pleasure to watch, not only at California Speedway, but during the whole 7 day roadtrip.  I sure hope our paths cross again in the future.  I have plenty of room here at the house.  You and Judy are welcome anytime.

Likewise Denise.  You made every day a "Bright" day for us.  Judy definitely had more fun than she expected and I'm really glad she hung with us at the Speedway rather than going to the Mall.  Your definitely a people person and your parents were a joy.  We looked forward to the updates of your trip home.  Bummer about the spark plug.  After we left Boyd's we went to Jim's dad's house and checked out all of his cooool stuff (there will be pictures on the CD when I send it to you), then bought some new "ROUND" rubber for the front.  THen we met some friends for dinner a Ricky and Ronnie's Diner in Torrance (it was on a R&C cover a couple of months back).  Friday we got up and cruised to Pismo Beach and stayed with some of Judy's old neighbors who moved to a better neighborhood (Ocean View) before making the sprint back to SacTown.  All in all it was a once in a lifetime adventure for us (unlike that lucky double-dipping Bob K) with a whole slew of good memories and stories.
\\\\\\\"Zen @ 102 MPH\\\\\\\"