Big Olds' Ego-Rama Adventure Day 15 & 16

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, October 08, 2005, 01:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Day 15 Thursday Oct 6
Pomona, CA to Lake Havasu, AZ
Today's fuel "sponsored" by Jer

We all gathered outside the hotel in the morning.

Since it was our last day together, actually half a day, everyone posed in front of their cars with the partners for some final shots.

Jim and his builder buddy Scott

Jim and Eleanor

Rich and his buddy Jim

Cory and Judy

Jack and BobK

Jerry, and I don't know what his lovely wife Cheryl was doing while we were talking the photos

Jerry and Cherly brought a couple with them.  They traveled with us but were not participants in the Ego-Rama.
Richard and Mono, both very nice.  

Our one and only stop for the day was Boyd's shop where we were told to make ourselves at home.  No real tour from him but the other employees were very nice and answered our questions about the cars out in the shop.  They had alittle spread of finger foods and drinks for us.

The cars in the showroom and shop run the gammit from low buck, traditional style to very sleek and high tech.  I'll just post some of the ones that I think suit the HAMB best.  No need to start any contraversey.

They say this Vette will be ready for SEMA in three weeks.

We then had the Ego-Rama "awards" ceremony in Boyd's showroom.  Kevin, Tim, and JimA had very nice things to say about everyone and everyone's cars.  They went over who took the most points in the different categories and a "winner" was announced.

It's killing me not to be able to reveal who won or which categories I took the most points in BUT I will say the HAMB will not be disappointed in mine or Big Olds' performance.   The March issue of R&C with the complete Ego-Rama coverage PLUS full features on all the cars, will be out in December.

We then said our final goodbyes to all the new friends we made, with promises to keep in touch and we hit the road.

We made it to Lake Havasu, AZ in no time where we stopped for the nite.  Unfortunantly I was not able to park Big Olds by the "Welcome to _____" sign, like I like to.  Oh well, there's lots more states in the next few days.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Day 16 Friday Oct 7
Lake Havasu, AZ to Grants, NM
Today's fuel "sponsored" by Tony

Headed out bright and early.  We had plans to meet C9 and his lovely wife Gay in Kingman for breakfast about an hour away.  

Since Dad's gas gauage isn't working and Big Olds uses more gas then Dad's '56, I was usually the one that said, "I need fuel".  Well this morning, about 4 miles from the restaurant, Dad runs out.  How the hell did that happen??  We both filled up at the same time and I still had about a gallon.  Well I run Dad to the next exit, I get gas, Dad gets a gas can with gas and mom stays in the '56 on the side of the highway very * off as she had asked Dad a number of times this morning, "don't we need gas soon".  

While Dad is pouring the gas in it dawns on me, we parked Big Olds when we checked into the hotel in Lake Havasu and I hopped in the "56 with the folks to go look at the London Bridge and then head to dinner.  A total of about 10 miles more that Dad's car went the day before.  Oh well, I guess he should have a gas gauage that works huh???  

Got to the Cracker Barrel where I had the pleasure of meeting Jay (C9) and his wife Gay for the first time.  What a great couple.  Very friendly and down to earth.  Mom and Dad really liked them as well.  Had a nice long chat over breakfast.  Went way too fast.  Afterwards we took some shots in front of the cars.

Jay, it was my pleasure to finally meet you in person.  I've admired your writings for so long.  It was a special treat to finally meet you in person.  Thanks again for the gifts, very much appreciated.  I'm sure I'll be reading the book to Roadster on our next road trip.

Again, we had to say our goodbyes to new friends and hit the highway.

It was a long, boring ride today.....this was my excitement

Total miles traveled so far  4,744
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

I think I was broken down along the road where that last picture was taken LOL. Sure looks familiar. Say hi to Vance for me.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Thanks for taking us along! Have a safe journey home!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

C9

Yep . . . lotsa trains, cool pic.

Gay and I enjoyed meeting you and your folks as well.

Always figured I'd meet up with you somewhere along the line.
Bonneville was my best guess, never figured on it being Arizona.
Course . . . I never thought  I'd be in Arizona either, but here I am.

Lotsa trains around here.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

beatnik

Wow :shock: , that's not like your dad, to run out of gas :) . Have a safe trip home and dont forget some extra socks :lol: it's getting cool back here.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

Normspeed

Great pics. Denise, if you're running out the 10 through New Mexico, when you pass Deming, I got a house out there! A few miles before Deming on the right you'll see 2 rusty old cars in the field. I think one's a 36 humpback. There's quite a story about where the stainless trim went, but I'm sworn to secrecy.
Norm

Crosley.In.AZ

great update Denise.

I do not think I have seen C9's wife in a photo till now.  She is real!  LOL..  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"great update Denise.

I do not think I have seen C9's wife in a photo till now.  She is real!  LOL..  :wink:

Yes Tony, but you are a figment of my imagination. 8)
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"I think I was broken down along the road where that last picture was taken LOL. Sure looks familiar. Say hi to Vance for me.

Just got back from meeting Denise and her folks. what a treat  :D
wonderful folks.
Big Olds and Dad's 56 look even more awesome in person.  8)

got the low-down on the body mods from Denise herself.
you can tell she is really proud of him.

talked highly about Roadstar too. she should, you do great work.

Godspeed Denise and family, drive safe.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"got the low-down on the body mods from Denise herself.
Vance

Denise's body or Big Olds?? :lol:  :lol:

You ain't livin' until you've had her cookies and french toast!! :b-d:
I met her Dad at Kzoo. Heckuva great guy. I tried to convince him to bring that Olds to Florida when they come down this winter. :D  :D

Hey Vance, Tampa show is next weekend. You need anything from the swap meet or vendors? Let me know.
B
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"got the low-down on the body mods from Denise herself.
Vance

Denise's body or Big Olds?? :lol:  :lol:

B

Well........if HER folks, and MY Mrs. weren't around................ :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****